Radio Flyer Ultimate Family Wagon Model 3100
  • It is his favorite “little car” to ride in when we go for family walks
  • He started using it when he was a little over a year, and I wouldn’t recommend putting a child any younger than that in it
  • We use it daily and have had absolutely no issue with cracking, denting or bending
  • My father can be a bit rough with it when he takes my son “off roading” in the gravel and bumpy rocks and I thought for sure something would bend
  • I have had no problem towing two kids around in it, but I am also taller than average and I definitely do get a work out doing it

• by Crystal

If you’re getting tired of using a traditional stroller with your baby/toddler and want something more fun, Radio Flyers have come a long way since I was a kid. This past Christmas my mother in law bought this model for my now 19 month old son and we couldn’t be happier with it. It is his favorite “little car” to ride in when we go for family walks. He started using it when he was a little over a year, and I wouldn’t recommend putting a child any younger than that in it.

It does have a lap strap that loops between the legs which stops him from climbing out but it won’t stop him from standing

up and for younger babies, wouldn’t stop them from toppling over. The construction of the wagon is a very strong, sturdy, durable plastic. We use it daily and have had absolutely no issue with cracking, denting or bending.

My father can be a bit rough with it when he takes my son “off roading” in the gravel and bumpy rocks and I thought for sure something would bend; but nonetheless every single piece held up perfectly. It is made to fit two children in it and having taken my son and his 5 year old cousin in it, I can safely say it has ample room. When not in use, each seat folds down individually and locks

into place when it is in use.

There are also cupholders in one of the seats when it’s folded down as well as cupholders by the wagon handle. The handle itself is definitely something worth pointing out. So many times I have used other types of wagons and when going downhill the handle seems to run away.

Almost like it bends into itself. Thtat is not the case with this handle. It bends when I need it to but provides resistance when pulling it down a hill.

This way, it doesn’t collapse on itself. It can either be pushed or pulled. Most people don’t realize that wagons can be pushed and I must ...

• Radio Flyer Ultimate Family Wagon Model 3100
      say it really helps out when going downhill.

The canopy is another great feature of the wagon. On the really sunny days I put the canopy up which, once you get the hang of it, takes about 2 minutes to assemble - if that. The only thing I would improve on the canopy is maybe having side flaps that fold down to block more of the sun because the canopy really only blocks a minimal amount of sun.

Still, it’s better to get minimal shade than no shade for my son. The only thing I could really see anyone having a problem with is that while it steers like a breeze, some smaller people may have trouble pushing

it around because it does have some weight to it. There’s nothing that could be done about the weight, after all it is a wagon.

I have had no problem towing two kids around in it, but I am also taller than average and I definitely do get a work out doing it. I take my son around the neighborhood all the time in this wagon and constantly get compliments on what a great wagon it is. It really is super cute, very handy, my son loves it and it’s the perfect stroller alternative for around town; especially on the boardwalk in the summer! It costs around $150 from most major baby/toddler retail stores and is so worth the investment!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5425061612890830/k2311a0625/6.25.13