Alen T100 Air Purifier
  • When we clean the litter box we can definitely smell the litter but within minutes it dissipates due to the odor controlling carbon
  • I noticed that there is a layer of dust around the unit and I’m thinking that maybe it’s because there’s just so much suction it can’t pass through the filter fast enough
  • A minor disadvantage since we have to clean the area around it but it isn’t a make it or break it deal
  • While the upfront cost is a bit high, it saves money in the long run because the product does last
  • I suggest giving this a try if you’re in the market for a well performing low maintenance compact air purifier

• by Crystal

Shortly after we had our first child we realized that it was vital to get an air purifier for his room since we had cats and with cats comes hair and litter box dust. We also wanted to increase the air flow in his room as well. I looked into several different types of air purifiers and none of them offered as many options as this Alen one nor did the others fit my personal preferences. For one, we needed a compact air purifier since my son’s room is not big.

It needed to fit in a small space either on his dresser or on the floor next to his diaper genie. It also needed to be able

to purify most of the room. It covers up to 125 square feet which was perfect for his room.

His room is slightly bigger but it still worked fine. All the other models I looked at seemed to large in order to cover up to that amount of square footage. It was also necessary for the filter to have some type of odor control as well as a HEPA filter.

Not only did it have the HEPA filter, but it also had the activated carbon vacuumable pre filter which totally helps in the odor control. When we clean the litter box we can definitely smell the litter but within minutes it dissipates due to the odor controlling

carbon. Another great feature this model offers is that you can buy 3 different types of filters for it.

If you need an extremely strong odor controlling filter than you can get the more expensive filter which obviously you get what you pay for. We didn’t find it necessary to pay about $60 for a filter when the basic filter was doing its job just fine. It also lasts a long time.

They advise replacing it every six months which is pretty much on cue but it doesn’t degrade that quickly in performance as the filter gets used. One thing I did notice is that it does such a good job sucking in the air that it ...

• Alen T100 Air Purifier
      actually draws impurities and dust around the purifier itself. I noticed that there is a layer of dust around the unit and I’m thinking that maybe it’s because there’s just so much suction it can’t pass through the filter fast enough.

A minor disadvantage since we have to clean the area around it but it isn’t a make it or break it deal. Sound wise – on low to medium speed it is minimal. I wouldn’t use it on slow to medium for a room my son’s size as it needs to run on high to get the full advantage.

On high setting it can get reasonably loud but I actually like it better that way since my son seems to sleep better with the “white noise” effect. Actually I would say it is a good sound comparison to a white noise machine. So far we’ve had ours for a little less than a year, have vacuumed it out maybe 4 times and changed the filter once.

Compared to many other brands I’ve owned that is truly minimal maintenance. It costs us about 170 straight off the bat and another 40-50 dollars for a 2 pack of replacement filters. While the upfront cost is a bit high, it saves money in the long run because the product does last.

I suggest giving this a try if you’re in the market for a well performing low maintenance compact air purifier.

Trayon Thomas says :

In you house you may discover that the air you are breathing in isn’t that healthy for you, or healthy for your kids. There is a product that I discovered that made my life easier to deal with and made my breathing better.There was a breakthrough happening in my home it felt like I could breathe alot better with this product. I would never throw this product away and if you don’t have you should buy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325061612880830/k2311a0625/6.25.13