The Cabin in The Woods Movie
  • I wouldn't want t say it was disappointing because it really wasn't and I think it's pretty natural for things to spin out of control with a crazy twist like that
  • I added this to my list of favorite horror movies, you guys should definitely see it

• by Avery

I personally am a sucker for horror movies and usually even before I reach halfway through the movie, I sort of already figured out how things will turn out because quite frankly, every movie that involves a bunch of teenagers who go on vacation in a remote house in the woods usually winds up on one predictable ending: they all get killed. Although most of us know that, we still watch it because the chase

between the killer and the victim is what’s worth watching.

Let me start off by giving a slight overview of this movie. So basically 5 people decide to spend their vacation in a cabin in the woods. The characters include a whore, an athlete, a scholar, a stoner, and a virgin. Typical ingredients to a horror story. One of them discovers an ancient book with stuff written on it that’s not English but still decides to read it out loud thus, summoning the demons in the woods which will haunt them throughout the night.

As typical as what the overview may sound, it does start off like that but halfway through it, like any movie, this has a pretty unique and a sick twist to it. When I mean sick, I mean mind-boggling-out-of-this-world-how-did-they-even-come-up-with-that-idea kind of sick. As much as I want to give you an overview of that twist, I would ...

• The Cabin in The Woods Movie
      rather not just so you guys would be mind blown in all sorts like I was the first time I watched it. I would like to inform you guys, though, that as soon as the crazy plot twist is revealed there’s no going back from there. Meaning, the series of events that will follow until the end of the movie is just plan crazy. I can’t elaborate more on how the story ended but I
      would like to use the words: hallucinatory, absurd, nonsensical, and comical to describe it. I wouldn’t want t say it was disappointing because it really wasn’t and I think it’s pretty natural for things to spin out of control with a crazy twist like that.

I added this to my list of favorite horror movies, you guys should definitely see it. Trust me when I say this is NOT your ordinary, predictable, disappointing horror movie.

Kristen G says :

The movie was written by Drew Goddard (the director) and Joss Whedon (of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and the Avengers fame).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125061612840830/k2311a0625/6.25.13