Yamaha Digital Piano P-95
  • I love the P-95, because it does a great job of mimicking the sound of a grand piano while taking up only a fourth of the space
  • One thing that I dislike about this digital piano is that it does not have all of the basic MIDI sounds that a keyboardist would expect to have

• by Octavia Nichols

The Yamaha Digital Piano P-95 is an excellent keyboard substitute for anyone wishing to learn piano or practice at home. It is a full 88-key keyboard complete with touch sensitive keys to give you a real piano feel. It comes with a few basic voices and a metronome and is not overly complicated, and is an excellent product for home use.

I love the P-95, because it does a great job of mimicking the sound of a grand piano while taking up only a fourth of the space. It is very user

friendly and does not have all the complicated and difficult features of more advanced keyboards. Another feature that I really enjoy about the P-95 is its stand and pedal flexibility. A sustain pedal comes with the keyboard, and if that is all you need, you can just get a stand to place the keyboard on. If you want more of a real piano feel you can buy a pedal system to go with the keyboard. I have the stand, because all I really need right now is the sustain pedal, and it
      works perfectly for me. The P-95 also comes with a music stand for those who read music as well as a metronome. These are features that I highly value, because I need those tools to learn music effectively.

I mentioned before that this digital keyboard is very compact and can be kept in a place that has little free space with no problems. I have a small apartment and this keyboard fits perfectly in my tiny bedroom. One word of caution, however: the P-95 is extremely heavy and I would not recommend traveling ...

• Yamaha Digital Piano P-95
      around with it. While it is great for small spaces in buildings, it is not practical to put in vehicles, unless you have a minivan or SUV. It does not fit easily in small compact cars. If you want to do gigs with a keyboard, either have a permanent gig spot where you can store the piano, or find a lighter and more practical keyboard for travel.

to have. It only has ten different sound samples and while that is enough to suit someone who just wants something to practice on, it is not for the artist who likes to experiment with different sounds.

Overall, I really enjoy Yamaha’s P-95, because it has great audio quality and does a great job of feeling and sounding like a real piano. It is also on the cheap end of quality digital pianos. So if you want something to practice with at home for fairly cheap, look no further than the Yamaha Digital Piano P-95!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625061612810830/k2311a0625/6.25.13