Babes in Toyland 1934 BluRay Movie
  • This is one of my favorite all-time films and I love that it’s still available in the original black and white
  • While I’m not a favorite of Laurel and Hardy in general, but they really impressed me in this film and were quite funny
  • I thought Hardy was just so cute and so lovely stupid that I wanted to just cuddy him up in my arms

• by sarahdragon26

Babes in Toyland was released in 1934, in black and white color. This is a classic musical movie with its cuteness and its real singing talent. I was introduced to this movie as a child and had the hardest time trying to find it as an adult because I knew it by a different name. I knew it by the name: March of the Wooden Soldiers. I couldn’t for the life of me find this movie on DVD or BluRay until I was able to find out what the international title was. Babes in

Toyland.

This is one of my favorite all-time films and I love that it’s still available in the original black and white. I have seen the film in color, but there is something about the original quality and look of black and white that always draw me back to it. Another aspect of the movie that always impresses me when I view the movie is that the acting and singing are real. It’s all real talent. It’s not teenagers singing pop songs pretending that it’s a musical. It’s actual classic musical music. As you

can see, I don’t really care for modern-style musicals. I like the older style of musicals.

The characters of Babes in Toyland are based on popular children’s stories from fairy tales or folk tales. Some examples are the Old Woman in a Shoe, Bo Peep, Tom Tom the Piper’s Son, and the Three Little Pigs. While I’m not a favorite of Laurel and Hardy in general, but they really impressed me in this film and were quite funny. I thought Hardy was just so cute and so lovely stupid that I wanted to just ...

• Babes in Toyland 1934 BluRay Movie
      cuddy him up in my arms. I also felt so sorry for Laurel for having to deal with him and his antics during the film. Out of all the actors and performances, the one that stood out the most was Silas Barnaby. He was just so strangely evil and cruel. And he didn’t even have to try very hard to be that. The actor just made the character of Silas so real and so alive.

Babes in Toyland is in no way state of the art or modern when it comes to special effects

or costumes, but for the 1930s, it was truly amazingly done. Yes, it was very easy to tell when the Wooden Soldiers were fake and when they were real men in costumes, but it just was wonderful. I can laugh about how cheesy the fake soldiers looked, but I imagine our special effects now will look cheesy to our children when they grow up.

Babes in Toyland is such a classic and enjoyable film that I have loved since I was a child. And I am overjoyed that my son has shown an interest in it as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121061612500730/k2311a0621/6.21.13