Bank of America Mobile Banking App
  • Being a Bank of America customer, I thought I would test out the Bank of America mobile banking app
  • Also, I'll check my balance before going shopping or going out to eat so that I know how much money I have available
  • I highly recommend that every Bank of America customer downloads it for on-the-go transfers, check deposits, and balance checks

• by Shelton Clough

Being a Bank of America customer, I thought I would test out the Bank of America mobile banking app. Personally, I downloaded the app onto my iPhone 5, but it is available for Windows phones, Droids, Kindle Fire, and more. I am so glad that I downloaded this application, and I use it more than I ever imagined I would.

To start, the banking app uses the same safety precautions that any Bank of America website would. The first time you log on you will need to answer your security questions, but then you can set it to remember the device that you’re currently on. This is an incredibly useful feature because it keeps your account secure, but allows you to bypass time-consuming questions every time you want to log in. From there you’ll see your sitekey (which is a photo

unique to you that lets you know you are on an official, Secure Bank of America application), you enter your password, and you are officially on the App!

I have become so familiar with the App solely because of how often I use it! Anytime I need to transfer money around, check my balance, or even deposit a paycheck, I can do it all right from my iPhone!

The first thing you see when you log in fully is your account information. It will list your different accounts, and show the exact, up-to-date balance of each account! You can also click on your account and see ALL of its activity, including purchases, deposits, and transfers. This is not only helpful to check up to make sure there is no fraudulent use of your money, but also in planning budgets. Sometimes when I

view my account activity, I see areas where I spend too much money and make a decision to cut back. Also, I’ll check my balance before going shopping or going out to eat so that I know how much money I have available.

One very useful feature on the mobile banking app is the “Transfers” feature. Here, you can transfer money between your accounts (I sometimes transfer from my Checkings to my Savings, and sometimes vice versa), or transfer money to other people. You can also schedule routine transfers, which can be useful. This transfer feature comes in handy especially on a cell phone, because sometimes I realize that I do not have enough money on my card for something that I plan to purchase. Instead of freaking out or having to return it, I can simply transfer the needed money ...

• Bank of America Mobile Banking App
      into my checking account in about 30 seconds. It is incredible easy to use, and incredibly useful.

A newer, extremely innovative feature to this app is the ability to deposit a check simply by taking a photo of it! This saves the time and money from having to go all the way to the bank or ATM. All you do is take a photo of the front and back, and type in the amount of the check. That’s it! It doesn’t get any simpler than that. Usually the majority of your money is immediately accessible, but you have to wait 24 hours for the check to process before you can spend ALL of it. However, this small wait is well-worth how simple it is to deposit checks now!

You also have the option to locate an ATM around you, which

eliminates the need to use a non Bank of America ATM and have to pay a service charge. I generally only use the feature when I am traveling and don’t know where to find a Bank of America ATM, but it is incredibly useful in that particular situation. You also have the option to set alerts for your account. For example, I have an alert set that tells me when my checking account falls below a certain amount. This is incredibly helpful in helping me watch my spending, and informing me when my account is running low on funds.

Overall, the Bank of America application is one of my most frequently used apps on my iPhone! I highly recommend that every Bank of America customer downloads it for on-the-go transfers, check deposits, and balance checks. It is incredibly useful, and very simple to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4217061612140830/k2311a0617/6.17.13