Banquet HomeStyle Bakes: Creamy Chicken & Biscuits
  • Even though there's buttermilk already blended in it already, I like to make the biscuits since they're premade, taste as close to homemade as possible
  • The stew had to be my absolute favorite part
  • For something as easy and straight forward as this, I am impressed

• by nitakb

I tried out another one of Banquet HomeStyle Bakes. This time it was Creamy Chicken & Biscuits. Which is a hearty vegetable and white meat chicken stew and biscuit mix. Now with this Homestyle Bake kit, there is one can of hearty vegetable and white meat chicken stew and one pouch of biscuit mix. There is enough to serve four people when fully prepared.

The only thing it tells you to do is add one-half cup of water to biscuit. Although for more homestyle flavor it suggests substituting one-half cup of sour cream and one egg for water. And to also sprinkle warm biscuits with shredded Cheddar cheese after baking. I will note that I added a few of my own ingredients to the kit.

One serving of this mix is about one cup when

prepared and is three-hundred and thirty calories with an hundred and twenty being from fat. There is fifteen milligrams of cholesterol, nine hundred and forty milligrams, two-hundred and seventy milligrams of potassium. Total Carbs is forty-three grams, sugars is six grams, and ten grams of proteins. This is all before I added my own ingredients.

I can honestly say that the ‘hearty’ stew is no where close to being hearty. I’m glad Banquet didn’t call it chunky white chicken and vegetable stew. I’m not kidding when I say this, but I actually fished around for the bits of chicken with a spoon. I was almost fearful when I didn’t spot any until the very bottom. The little quantity of white meat chicken are in fact in chunk form, the kind you can get in a can

from the store, usually from the brand Tyson. I can say that the vegetable quantity is also lacking. I don’t know if that’s just the individual unit I got but it was sad. Now Of course I had in mind that this is a meal kit and it would be lacking in the side department because its canned. In past experiences I’ve been surprised by brands and who of had a lot of food in a single can, but this time there wasn’t. That’s not say that all canned food is lacking. This is why I added an extra can of mixed vegetables to the mix and also added more bits of chopped chicken breast pieces. Because serving it to my family alone with what was included was pitiful.

As goes for the biscuit mix, I ...

• Banquet HomeStyle Bakes: Creamy Chicken & Biscuits
      added a little dash of salt and instead of adding one-half cup of water I used low fat milk in place of it. Even though there’s buttermilk already blended in it already, I like to make the biscuits since they’re premade, taste as close to homemade as possible.

Preparation instructions is pretty straightforward. Have the oven preheated to four hundred degrees, Next, blend together the biscuit mix. Then pour on the stew into a 8×8 baking dish, and the drop nine spoonfuls of blended biscuit mix onto the stew. My biscuit mixture produced more than nine spoonfuls. I ended up baking them separately. Your instructed to bake for thirty to thirty-five minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Afterward let stand for five minutes.

I have to say that the aroma coming from

this meal made my mouth water. And for good reason, because it tasted great too. The stew had to be my absolute favorite part. It was rich, while beautifully caressing the chicken pieces and vegetables. And the biscuits, they were light and fluffy. Perfect for catching all of the streaming stew gravy. The entire meal was wonderful.

Honestly, I am glad that decided to give it a try. Sure nothing beats homemade meals that is prepared by my own hand, but this meal kit earned two thumbs up from me. For something as easy and straight forward as this, I am impressed. The only thing I wish I would have done is add shredded cheese like the box applied. But overall I enjoyed this meal kit.

I would recommend this to a friend.

Md.Wobaydullah says :

Hi , This is a useful for all. I like it.

Danny says :

I really like this product.Thanks.

nitakb replies :

This product can be found online at amazon.com, usually in bulk

Joanna says :

I never thought of buying something like this in bulk before. I do get several grocery items from amazon.com, but never this. Thanks for the idea.

Suzanne Crowl says :

We have had this meal before. But tonight when I fixed it the biscuits only rose a little bit and when we were eating it we both noticed a “bitey” taste to it. We ate one and then decided that might be something wrong with it so we did not eat any more. The date on the package is Aug. 9, 2015.
the other on the bottom of package is 2101422600×21128.

I kept what was left, in a baggie, in case we get sick. Just wanted to let you know.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717061612130830/k2311a0617/6.17.13