Grado Labs: Alessandro headphones  » Electronics  »
  • Although electronic genres aren't the best for open back headphones, the headphones still have quality sound but wont isolate background sounds
  • Open backs and closed backs have their differences and its up to you which you prefer, but these open back Grados are top notch and I definitely recommend it to any audiophiles out there

• by Farris

So I have been searching around headphone shops, looking for the ideal headphones for myself. I generally enjoy any genre but mostly listen to Electronic, Dubstep, EDM, Trap, Rock, even k-pop (and I’m a guy!) and wanted to find headphones with relatively good bass and clear audio.

I stumbled upon these headphones as I was browsing and tested them out. I have to say I was very satisfied. These Grados Labs Alessandro headphones are open back earphones, meaning

when listening a song, sound gets “leaked” and people around you can hear what you’re listening to. Although electronic genres aren’t the best for open back headphones, the headphones still have quality sound but wont isolate background sounds.

I was lucky to find and have bought these headphones though because Grados Labs are high end (luxurious) manufacturers so quality is assured.

Its great when going around the streets because open back headphones allow you to hear the external sounds fairly well for safety, which was another main reasons i picked these.

The bass may not have the weight of a closed-back design (headphones that isolate external sound well), but the bass quality and definition are clearer than most closed-back designs which is another a plus.

Although open back headphones are not the best choice for Dj’s or recording engineers since they don’t want outside noise interfering, It’s still widely chosen by audio enthusiasts worldwide.

These headphones sit lightly ...

• Grado Labs: Alessandro headphones
      on the ears (open backs are like that)and are very comfortable to wear. I have to say, the sponge pads are soft and is easy to slip on and off, the headphones also have a long cord compared to earphones and is thick, possibly for better durability.

One of the main downsides for me is that sometimes I don’t really want people to hear what I’m listening to because it may be considered noise pollution if i

am in a quiet room, and that external sounds can interfere when listening to songs, so getting into a song can be a bit frustrating when there are cars rolling past you.

But i say better safe than sorry!

Open backs and closed backs have their differences and its up to you which you prefer, but these open back Grados are top notch and I definitely recommend it to any audiophiles out there!

Alessandro headphones deserve a 9/10

David Rodriguez says :

Love them

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1614061611960830/k2311a0614/6.14.13