Fritos: Southwest Enchilada Blackbean Dip
  • I love black beans, and the thought having them already made in a can, into a dip was appealing to me
  • From past experience, anything that is labeled southwest, usually means that its going to be spicy
  • I enjoy the spiciness of the bean dip, it was my favorite part besides the black bean flavor
  • For only $3.99, I definitely got my money's worth
  • I would happily recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

Fritos is that brand that many commonly know for their corn chips, and bean dips. I’ve always personally liked getting the original bean dip, served with tortilla chips, or Doritos. With all that being said, I gave one of the different flavors of bean dip a try, which was the southwest enchilada black bean dip. What drew my attention to this bean dip was that instead pf fritos using traditional refried pinto beans, black beans are used instead. I love black beans, and the thought having them already made in a

can, into a dip was appealing to me. Although I will say that the flavoring of southwest enchilada had me curious. From past experience, anything that is labeled southwest, usually means that its going to be spicy. I don’t mind spicy, in fact that makes it all the better. Now, I’m not understanding the part about enchilada. I suppose because I’ve never had southwest type enchiladas, before. On the label, the spices and herbs appears to be yellow onion, garlic and tomatoes. I guessing these flavors represent the southwest flavors.

Upon

opening a can of this, the bean dip has little chunks of black beans. Its generally smooth, but slightly lumpy. I didn’t heat this bean dip up when trying it. Instead I spooned a bit out into a bowl and dipped it with potatoes chips. The dip is spicy, not burn your tongue spicy but there’s enough kick in it to ignite some heat in your mouth. Surprisingly this bean dip isn’t salty, I actually had to add a few sprinkles of salt myself. Once you get past the initial ...

• Fritos: Southwest Enchilada Blackbean Dip
      spiciness you taste some of the different spices that make up the entire flavor. There’s jalapeno peppers, onion power that is really apparent more than any of the others. Basically there is all the ingredients you would typically use to make enchiladas is in this bean dip. It’s a pleasant taste that can be easily eaten with other foods other than chips. It tastes just that good. Servings size is two tablespoons, that is thirty calories, two hundred milligrams of sodium, and less than one gram of sugar. Not too bad,
      but I can tell you I dipped more than just two tablespoons.

I feel like the idea of southwest enchiladas black bean dip is a good idea, but they should have just said southwest black bean instead. Because that’s all it really tastes like. I enjoy the spiciness of the bean dip, it was my favorite part besides the black bean flavor. I feel like I could buy this bean dip again in the future. For only $3.99, I definitely got my money’s worth.

I would happily recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714061611800830/k2311a0614/6.14.13