Dale BBQ Restaurant, Fort Pierce, Florida  » Restaurants  »
3362 S U.S. Highway 1 Fort Pierce, Florida
  • In my experience, the bigger the restaurant does not always mean the food or the service will be better or worse than a small restaurant
  • My meal cost about $5, which was very reasonable for the quality of the food

• by sarahdragon26

In the hunt for a good BBQ restaurant that isn’t just after my money or filling their seats, I came up onto a wonderful discovery. Sometimes, I try restaurants or little mom-and-pop eateries just by driving or walking past them. If the restaurant looks like it’s in good condition and it’s not too crowded at the time, I would give it a try. I was driving south on Federal Hwy (South US Hwy 1) in Fort Pierce, Florida when I happened on Dale’s BBQ. It’s a small building on the

east side of Federal Hwy with not that many parking spaces, but my husband wanted to try it. And I’m glad we did.

In my experience, the bigger the restaurant does not always mean the food or the service will be better or worse than a small restaurant. Sometimes, it’s the exact opposite. That the food and the service will actually be worse than a small location. Once we entered Dale’s BBQ, we were greeted warmly. We were seated right away in a comfortable little booth. For such a small building, there were more tables and booths then I thought. Maybe 16 to 20 all together. But they were nicely space where you were not eating in someone else’s lap. Dale’s BBQ had a more personal touch to it, then a commercial touch. There was a certain level of pride put into the restaurant and its interior design.

Our orders were taken as soon as we sat down and our food arrived within five minutes of our orders being taken. Even in the most upscale restaurant I’ve been in, I’ve ...

• Dale BBQ Restaurant, Fort Pierce, Florida
      never been served that fast. So I was concerned that the food might not be cooked properly. That was not the case. I got the 4oz burger with cheese with fries and coal slaw. I don’t like my meat still red enough to be alive, so I normally cut my burgers in half to make sure they’re cooked properly or I won’t eat it. This burger was cooked to perfection. It was well-done, juicy, and tender. I didn’t feel like I was chewing through leather. It came with steak fries
      and a piece of garlic bread. My meal cost about $5, which was very reasonable for the quality of the food. My husband got the Baby Back Ribs (half-rack) for $10 and he said that it was perfect. I’m not much a rib person, so I took his word on it.

In all, this was a wonderful little find. It’s a great restaurant, with tasty food, friendly staff, and just a place where I was not overwhelmed by theme or commercial ads. This is a place that I will be frequenting quite a bit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 714061611770830/k2311a0614/6.14.13