Marie Callenders Cranberry Orange Muffin Mix
2.0
  • Its seemed more ethical to me in my opinion
  • I will not look to repurchasing this nor will I recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

I tried another one of the Marie Callender Muffin Mix for the use of dessert after a meal. I was curious about this flavor, since its cranberry and orange. Two flavors that are both strong and unique in their own right. My initial thoughts were that someone was seriously experimenting with flavor ideas. Because personally I’ve never heard of anything like it. At least not together. I felt like Cranberry orange was something you would expect from a drink mix or from a slushy. This muffin mix is supposed to be restaurant style

too.

There are two ways to bake these muffins too. You can either go the old fashion way by whipping them together and throwing them in the oven for about fifteen minutes, or go the easy way and use the microwave. The thought of baking muffins in the microwave made me laugh. I went with the old fashion way of baking these muffins. Its seemed more ethical to me in my opinion.

Preparing these muffin are pretty easy; no rocket science involved. Just have the mix handy, one large egg, have 1/3 cup of

milk and two tablespoons of oil. Heat the oven, grease the muffin pans and mix together the ingredients, pour equal amounts into the muffin cups and toss it in the oven for about fifteen minutes max or until the muffins are light golden and the tops spring back when touch. Of course let stand to cool for a couple minutes.

In my honest opinion, the muffins are disgusting. The muffin texture, is coarse making me wish I added more milk and oil, and the orange flavor is too apparent. It literally clashes and ...

• Marie Callenders Cranberry Orange Muffin Mix
      overrides the flavor of cranberry. They were kidding about using real orange fruit bits in the ingredients mix. I’m wonder if they threw in some actual zest too. There isn’t a real taste other than the freakishly strong orange. Not real sweet either. The cranberry flavoring was pitiful, given there was supposed to be cranberry flavoring. I didn’t even finish eating my muffin. When prepared for a single muffin, there is a total of two hundred and forty calories, thirteen grams of sugar and one hundred and fifty grams of sodium.

In the

end that Marie Callenders should have to stuck with original, traditional flavors that make sense. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the idea of having orange and cranberry in the same place, but with a muffin mix its kind of revolting. Its best left for someone to prepare from scratch at home with fresh ingredients, with more control.

Marie Callenders isn’t a bad brand, but this particular mix wasn’t that great in my book. I will not look to repurchasing this nor will I recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713061611640830/k2311a0613/6.13.13