Marie Callenders Banana Muffin Mix
  • Certainly not the healthy, but certainly delicious
  • I will be looking to buy this once more and I will recommend this to my friends

• by nitakb

Marie Callenders is that brand that’s been around since 1948. They offer different flavors of muffins, one of them being the new Banana Muffin mix. I tried this mix when one of my relatives started to brag about the muffin mix, saying they taste as good as making them from scratch. So I went out on a whim and gave the mix a try.

I will say instead of making muffins, I choose to make a cake instead of individual muffins. To some people this seems a little unethical considering the mix is made for muffins, but I kind of warped the recipe to my own liking and added a few more ingredients. I used two whole packages for my

cake.

On the package, it tells you that you need, one egg white, one-fourth cup of milk and three tablespoons melted butter. Since I used two packages of muffin mix, I doubled the amounts, and added a little more milk and like one tablespoon of vegetable oil, to make the cake more moist. I also added about two teaspoons of vanilla extract and cinnamon. As the packages suggests, I use one medium sized ripened banana.

First I mixed the liquid parts of the recipe first, which was the milk, eggs, oil, butter, and vanilla extract. Once they were properly mixed, I added in the cinnamon and gradually the packages of muffin mix. Upon mixing it, the batter thickened dramatically, appearing more

as a cookie dough. Since this happened, I added about a half cup more of milk , and continued to stir it until was pourable. The last thing I added was the medium sized banana, which I mashed up with a fork into a the batter. I continued to mix until the lumps of banana disappeared.

With my oven preheated to three hundred and fifty degrees, I sprayed the bundt cake pan I set aside to use, and poured in my batter. The muffin mix instructs that you leave it in the oven for seventeen to nineteen minutes, but I had to leave the cake in for about forty minutes because I used two packages. After the edges turned a nice golden ...

• Marie Callenders Banana Muffin Mix
      brown, and the inner center was a tan, I took it out and let fully cool for about fifteen minutes. Afterward, I flipped the cake onto another plate. I made a almond flavored glaze and a mixture of finely diced walnuts and pecans blended together with sugar and cinnamon, for my topping.

The result of this cake, was amazing. Like eye roll back delicious, I tell you. And with cream its even better. The flavor of banana is not too intense, but just right to contribute to the overall flavor. The texture of the cakes, was super moist and not stiff like a muffin. It didn’t crumble either. When topped with my homemade glaze and nut mixture and paired with whipped cream,

the cake turned into a sweet surrender. The cake is kind of heavy, and of course loaded in calories and plenty of sugar. With both mixes and all the added ingredients, including the toppings and whipped cream, the cake is way passed four hundred calories. Certainly not the healthy, but certainly delicious. After sinking into a slice, I can honestly excuse it for the time being,

I can say that I liked this mix, even though I didn’t make muffins like it was meant for, it is still a really good product that met my expectations and turned into a good treat. I will be looking to buy this once more and I will recommend this to my friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713061611620830/k2311a0613/6.13.13