Gatorade Frost: Glacier Cherry
  • So to say, with this Gatorade having this flavor, I found myself frowning
  • Glacier Cherry tastes the best when ice, ice cold poured directly from the bottle over some ice
  • In the end, I wasn't totally disappointed with this Gatorade, since I've tasted other flavors from the Gatorade frost line, but I felt that they could have thought of something better
  • Gatorade isn't a bad brand, nor am I saying to totally avoid this particular flavor, but I personally won't buy it again and probably wouldn't recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

Gatorade is the sports drinks that’s been around for over thirty years now. Generations have used the beverage to energize, recharge and of course play hard. There are the original flavors that everyone knows and loves and then there are the new collection of flavors that appear to different crowds. I had the chance to try Gatorade Frost: Glacier cherry. I was skeptical at first about this flavor, thinking it would taste like powerade’s white cherry.

The liquid itself is a cloudy white, appears

as if someone watered down lemonade and bottled it. I suppose that’s the glacier effect. One serving, which is one whole bottle, is a total of one- hundred calories with zero calories of fat, with seventy-five milligrams of potassium. There’s thirty four grams of carbs and thirty grams of sugar. There is no fruit juice included in this beverage.

This beverage, tastes like cherry flavor kool aid, with a dramatic less amount of sugary taste involved. Seriously if you squeezed some red food coloring into, you would have yourself a bottle of mock cherry kool aid. I’m personally not a fan of cherry kool-aid unless I fix it up with something else. So to say, with this Gatorade having this flavor, I found myself frowning. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t taste bad but its not exactly fantastic either. If you’re one of those people who likes cherry kool-aid, by all means drink this flavor of Gatorade.

Glacier Cherry tastes the best when ice, ice cold poured directly ...

• Gatorade Frost: Glacier Cherry
      from the bottle over some ice. If not, its hard to stomach when its swishing around in your mouth all warm. To me it was thick, and the flavor wasn’t as strong as it is when cold. Maybe it’s just me, but I felt that it tasted worse. The drink is perfect after working out and busting a serious sweat, but after quenching your thirst, the drink is gross. At least in my opinion it is. It makes a good frozen treat
      or a slushy concoction.

In the end, I wasn’t totally disappointed with this Gatorade, since I’ve tasted other flavors from the Gatorade frost line, but I felt that they could have thought of something better. The thought was certainly there but flavor was just revolting.

Gatorade isn’t a bad brand, nor am I saying to totally avoid this particular flavor, but I personally won’t buy it again and probably wouldn’t recommend this to a friend. Unless of course they like cherry kool-aid.

Azriel says :

I tried this myself when I was having a bad stomachache. I never was a fan of sports drink but i felt it was the fastest way i could get myself into and not dehydrate while in the office. I agree with you that it has to be really cold because it was as if you were drinking some water with sodium in it and it is very hard to swallow.

Charlotte says :

As for any gaterade, it’s a good idea to be playing sports while drinking, not watching sports. I personally like it. It has a cool cherry taste, it taste hydrating, not as much as water, but better then juice. I would never peg this as cherry looking. The name “glacier cherry” is edgy and all, but people don’t call gaterade by the names. It’s the color. You don’t say a lemon zap, you say yellow, and it being white is rather misleading, not to mention, I wouldn’t drink this out of a cup without double checking what it was. It’s murky, so what is it? It could easily be anything. Haveing this be cold is very important, as with any sports drink, it doesn’t taste right warm. I wouldn’t drink this unless it was a bit chilled. It slosing around warm in your stomach is an uncomfortable feeling. Drinking a bit during a game or workout is ideal, but water will always be the winner. Drinking it post workout or game is smarter o if you have a somone lengthy break where you can let yourself digest it all with out throwing up. I would recommend this to someone who’s is active and enjoys artificially flavored cherry things.

Isaac Brogan says :

re : So to say, with this Gatorade having this flavor, I found myself frowning
This flavor is great. Unlike all of the other fruity flavors this one is different. This is possibly my favorite.

Man y Howard says :

re : In the end, I wasn’t totally disappointed with this Gatorade, since I’ve tasted other flavors from the Gatorade frost line, but I felt that they could have thought of something better
I th I k Glacia cherry Gaderade is the best out their with no added food coloring love it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712061611500730/k2311a0612/6.12.13