Riddle Skittles
  • Yes, that's what I was thinking but let me tell you after eating enough of them individually by color I've made some interesting discoveries
  • My favorite was the raspberry flavored one and the green apple
  • These are definitely a must try in my opinion
  • In the end I would happily eat these again, and of course recommend them to a friend who is a skittle fan

• by nitakb

Skittles is the bite sized candies that a majority of us love to eat, share and even play with. I have personally loved these candies for as long as I can remember. There are so many different flavors of skittles that it’s sometimes hard to choose. I’ve had the pleasure to try Riddle Skittles, a new variety of skittles that is totally random. I typically mean this as, its not like the original flavors and colors. For example you can look at the red and go ‘Oh this one is strawberry or cherry or the purple is grape.’ No,

with Riddle Skittles the colors are not in sync with the flavoring once you pop them in your mouth. Seriously, when I popped a handful in my mouth I was sitting in question, wondering about all the flavors I was tasting.

The package is a light blue color. The colors of the skittles are, granny smith green color (light green), pink, teal blue and a dark blue, orangery and red. When holding a handful of these candies, I’m thinking that commonly the green is green apple, pink is either watermelon, dark blue is blueberry and teal blue is blue-raspberry,

orange is the orange and red is like cherry. Yes, that’s what I was thinking but let me tell you after eating enough of them individually by color I’ve made some interesting discoveries.

The green ones are actually a mixed taste of different flavors like punch. No where close to green apple. Red is the watermelon, which makes sense, since the inner flesh of a watermelon is a light pink or really rich red when ripe. The teal blue is actually, raspberry, (I was close). The pink is actually the green apple flavor, which completely caught me off guard and ...

• Riddle Skittles
      the blue is actually the strawberry. After feeling dumb as can be, I felt that this was actually interesting. It makes you realize that you’re not as smart as you think you are.

As with almost every skittle product, they were certainly tasty. Nothing was gross about them, I have to say they tasted pretty close to the real fruit considering they were artificially flavored. My favorite was the raspberry flavored one and the green apple. The rest of them tasted pretty good together, making one whole flavor. If you toss a handful in your mouth you get a full burst

of fruitiness. I would use these to put in a candy dish at a Halloween party. Not only are they fun but they are different and take the eater on for a surprise.

Like all candies, this is loaded in sugar and calories. But given how these tasted, I can make temporary exceptions. These are definitely a must try in my opinion. Something different, something fun.

In the end I would happily eat these again, and of course recommend them to a friend who is a skittle fan. These are probably my favorite selection of skittles next to the sour ones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712061611480730/k2311a0612/6.12.13