Silicone Heart Shaped Baking Form
  • I think it’s great that loads of them can fit in one drawer with virtually no weight
  • I am very satisfied using this type of baking form, and I strongly recommend the Heard shaped one, it’s very personal, beautiful and works out great in various events (Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, sweet apology and so on) and definitely a smile bringer

• by Ina

Not long ago I received as a gift from a friend a silicone heard shaped baking form. I was thrilled from the moment I say it, because I always wanted to try cooking in one and never got the chance until at that moment.

I made some research on the internet on how to use it properly, and of course the opinions variate, pros and cons are everywhere, same in this situation, nothing new under the sun.

Some have complained time about getting parts of whatever it was cooked burned, or parts

that came out raw; absolutely no middle ground.

My cakes have turned out fine. I have tried different kinds of dough, different materials and textures, I have put in fruits (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, bananas etc) chocolate, alamond, coconut, turkey delight even sprinkles, and every time the dough turned out to be perfect, baked sufficiently inside and out.

It’s also nice, because I don’t have to spray or grease before baking. Nothing sticks.

The only thing is, that they are very flexible and you have to be careful when moving them around.

After using

this heart shaped form, I have bought several models for muffins, cupcakes and biscuits too. I think it’s great that loads of them can fit in one drawer with virtually no weight. There is no noise or breakage washing up, dropping or putting it away.

If you are worried about a fussy recipe, you can just use baking paper to relax and just flip the silicon pan inside out and rinse every corner perfectly clean. And Voila! Great cake, great shape, few time spared trying not to waste any on the ...

• Silicone Heart Shaped Baking Form
      “pan’s walls”.

I am very satisfied using this type of baking form, and I strongly recommend the Heard shaped one, it’s very personal, beautiful and works out great in various events (Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, sweet apology and so on) and definitely a smile bringer.

The only real(unfounded for the moment) concern will be that someone will do a study and announce “health issues”. Until that someone proves silicone lowers the metabolism, poisons you, lower your sense of humor, or changes the taste of life in something very sour, I will

continue use them happily. :)

I strongly believe that as with other materials, some designs/manufactures may be better than others, and as I have read, there are differences in the quality of the material used. According to that article, you can tell which silicone use “fillers” by folding a flat area and twisting it a bit. If the fold shows white, that indicates undesirable filler levels: pure silicone is evenly colored all the way through, so make sure to test this before buying one, just to make sure you’ll have a great product.

And it comes in great colors! :)

Robyn says :

I agree I have a heart shaped silicon baking pan and love it. Our family uses it for all kinds of foods and occasions. This is the one I have -

Highly recommended and great reviews also Thanks for the reviews here I agree with everything you said.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311061611410530/k2311a0611/6.11.13