Tums Extra Strength “Smoothies” Antacids in Peppermint Flavor
  • I don't regularly use Tums, but I decided to give these a try after battling a stomach flu and wanting something to ease my digestive difficulties
  • Overall, I would definitely use this product again, though I probably won't need to buy them for a while considering the bottle came with 60 tablets

• by Melanie Noell

I don’t regularly use Tums, but I decided to give these a try after battling a stomach flu and wanting something to ease my digestive difficulties. Part of why I never use Tums is the flavor, but when I saw that these were peppermint flavored, I decided to give them a try. These are far better than the regular Tums, both in flavor and in texture, and they did ease my stomach ache.

I picked these Tums up at the grocery store (Ingles) for about $3-$4, and for some reason

that seems cheaper than I remember Tums being in the past. While packaging for medicine doesn’t normally matter much, this product does come in a unique package worth mentioning: the sides of the plastic bottle have indented marks where fingers would go and the lid is indented inward. The lid flips off easily thanks to a lip overhanging the side, and it was so much better than fiddling with safety caps that come on a lot of other medication. I barely left bed for a few days, so this made
      it a lot easier to get to my medicine.

Other Tums I have used in the past were fairly hard, and although they eventually dissolved, it seemed like forever enduring the chalky, fruity taste. These Tums Smoothies are much softer and dissolve more rapidly in your mouth, almost like they are melting. It seems much easier to digest, and I assume it gets into your system much more rapidly. The peppermint flavor is also much more suitable for the texture than if it were fruity. I also like the peppermint flavor ...

• Tums Extra Strength
      because peppermint is known for having a soothing affect on an upset stomach. The flavor is similar to the mint of a York peppermint patty, and I really like it.

The directions said to take two tabs at a time, but the first time I took these I used three. After that, I followed the directions to take 2 at a time, and it helped me keep food down near the end of my stomach flu when anything other than water and toast was difficult to digest. It works pretty fast, too, so I typically felt some type of relief within 20 minutes; my only complaint would be that the relief seemed to wear off before I could take another two tablets.

Overall, I would definitely use this product again, though I probably won’t need to buy them for a while considering the bottle came with 60 tablets. I only intend to use them when my stomach is upset and I just need a little extra something to help digest, but I would imagine these are good for anyone who has general digestive problems.

Cody Fassler says :

Sea breeze made me have a allergic break out. I got bumps and red skin do you know how to get rid of it please reply back. And you look very pretty. How old are you.

Galega says :

I would suggest you to use an Aloe Vera cream on bumps and red rashes for few days. In my experience, Aloe Vera based cream always works in quickly healing skin allergy, especially red rashes and itching sensation.

susan arthur says :

why are tums smoothie PEPPERMINT no longer available ? i have searched everywhere ….please bring them back

Galega says :

After a short hiatus, this Smoothie Peppermint is now available. You should ask your retailer about it.

• To Buy or Not to Buy
  • + It's not expensive, taste good and works better then most Tums. ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267061611240730/k2311a067/6.7.13