Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked 2011 Movie  » Movies  »
  • Like I said, I like Jason Lee’s version of Dave, but I was pleased to see that this was a movie about the Chipmunks and the Chipettes
  • I do think the idea of them being stranded on a volcanic island with a castaway who is nuts beyond measure was not the direction I would have gone with the movie, but it did provide for some interesting twists to character development
  • I thought I had been hearing things, but he actually did say that
  • I did get this desire to punch the flight attendant when she actually smiled, saying how much more money it will cost when Dave had to check the kids’ bags

• by sarahdragon26

After the first two Chipmunk films, I was a little weary of the theme of the Chipmunks and the Chipettes being lost on a desert island. That was the theme for the Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked released in 2011. The theme of being lost of deserted island has been done to death and then some, so I didn’t know how well they were going to pull this one off and still keep the audience interested. Mostly audiences under the age of ten. Most adults would become very bored with this film very quickly.

The movie itself was cute, as most chipmunk movies and shows turn out to be. I’ve always like Jason Lee even when he looks like he hasn’t taken a shower in days, so I was glad to see him

returning as Dave. He just had the Dave feeling to him. Like he was ready to kill Alvin at times, but really loved him at other times. Like I said, I like Jason Lee’s version of Dave, but I was pleased to see that this was a movie about the Chipmunks and the Chipettes. The first film had too much tag of war going on between Dave and Ian. The second film jumped between the two sets of chipmunks too much. With this film, they were able to find a pleasant middle ground. Dave was an important role in the film, but an important backup role. Most of the focus was on the chipmunk children.

I did get a good laugh out of the fact that Carnival Cruise Line got a good push for their ship being used for the movie and they need it since they’re ships haven’t been doing so well. A few freak mishaps, but bad for business. I do hope they bounce back. I’ve been on Carnival before and I liked their boats as well as their staff.

I do think the idea of them being stranded on a volcanic island with a castaway who is nuts beyond measure was not the direction I would have gone with the movie, but it did provide for some interesting twists to character development. Alvin becomes more responsible and Simon loses his mind. I never thought I would see the day when rulebook Simon would be crazy and adventurous. I did have to turn back the movie when Alvin made the joke about Simon being ...

• Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked 2011 Movie
      the most interesting monk in the world. I thought I had been hearing things, but he actually did say that. He was making fun of that beer commercial about the interesting man in the world, but it was a good laugh.

I loved the end of the film. That Dave found them and it showed how much he loved the kids and how much they loved him. Sometimes, I could forget that in how many times he yells at Alvin. I got a good laugh during the credits when Dave is seen getting the chipmunks ready for takeoff on a plane and all you hear is Alvin telling everyone that they’re going to Timbuktu and you see Dave get mad. Alvin is back to his old habits, which he wouldn’t be Alvin if

he wasn’t. I did get this desire to punch the flight attendant when she actually smiled, saying how much more money it will cost when Dave had to check the kids’ bags. Just that smile makes me remember all of the nasty flight attendants that I’ve been forced to deal with before. Don’t take pleasure in the company you work for fleeing people for the stupidest things.

In most chipmunk films, they make their own versions of popular songs and some of their own. Some of them were done well, while others were a little stale. My son loved their version of ‘Party Rock Anthem’ and ‘Bad Romance’. I enjoyed ‘Born This Way’.

In all, it was a cute film for the kids. Not the greatest Chipmunk movie ever, but it never set out to be.

Azriel says :

I love the three boys (chipmunks). Alvin, Simon and Theodore as a kid. But after watching this movie, I somewhat questioned myself what I have found interesting and lovable from them. I do not love them anymore, but I am not saying this movie is bad. It wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t so great. It is really good for the kids, but adults who loved the cartoons may already have a different opinion on this movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 115061611130830/k2311a065/6.5.13