Blue Bell Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
  • Sure some people are pretty opinionated and have other brands that they favor, but I know for a fact that Blue bell is a favorite in my household
  • It’s the sweet surrender that tops cakes, rounds out a full course meal and gets most of us people in trouble, especially if it’s our favorite flavor
  • I had no problem in plunging a spoon into the chocolate ocean of goodness
  • This ice cream is definitely for those chocolate lovers out there who enjoy chocolate in ice cream form
  • I would buy this again in the future and I will also recommend this to a friend who is looking for authentic chocolate tasting ice cream

• by nitakb

Blue bell is the brand of ice cream that pretty much everyone knows and loves. Sure some people are pretty opinionated and have other brands that they favor, but I know for a fact that Blue bell is a favorite in my household. It’s the sweet surrender that tops cakes, rounds out a full course meal and gets most of us people in trouble, especially if it’s our favorite flavor.

I tried blue bell’s milk chocolate ice cream, over a slice of sour cream cake. Normally I go for the original homemade vanilla, but my mother urged me to try the milk

chocolate. In the back of my mind I was kind of thinking that it would taste no different than their Dutch chocolate. But since my mother hooked me up, I couldn’t refuse.

As the signature bucket goes, it’s in a tan container with the golden lid. The ice cream itself is a faint brown color. It’s indeed creamy smooth and smells like someone melted a Hersey’s chocolate bar into a mixture of sweet cream. My mouth involuntarily watered. I had no problem in plunging a spoon into the chocolate ocean of goodness.

One serving of blue bell milk chocolate ice cream is

a 1/2 cup, and the total calories in the ice cream is a total of one hundred and eighty calories, with only eight calories being from fat. There is eight-five milligrams of sodium, and twenty-one grams of sugar. Not surprising, considering it’s ice cream we’re talking about. The ice cream is made with premium cocoa, fresh milk and cream.

I tasted the ice cream, alone before eating it with the sour cream cake. I have to say that this particular milk chocolate ice cream tastes really, really good. I know I had a eyeball roll moment in complete bliss. The ...

• Blue Bell Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
      chocolaty taste is very rich, not like Dutch but enough to be intense and make you feel like you’re being wrapped in a cold chocolate cocoon of goodness. And with the cake I felt like I was going to explode in happiness. This ice cream is definitely for those chocolate lovers out there who enjoy chocolate in ice cream form. Honestly, to me the ice cream was not swimming in sugar and salt like so many other brands of chocolate ice cream. My tongue didn’t feel raw for once. I was glad that I was getting real ice cream instead of
      artificially flavored mess that is a total rip off.

As usual, blue bell delivers, to their fans both young and old. I feel that this cream was a perfect complement to my sour cream cake and will serve as perfect cold treat in the future. Catching it on sale at Krogers during their 2 for $6 was well worth it. I’m relieved to see that the flavor is a year round flavor instead on the prowl or seasonal.

I would buy this again in the future and I will also recommend this to a friend who is looking for authentic chocolate tasting ice cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274061611100730/k2311a064/6.4.13