Alien 4 Alien Resurrection 1997 Special Edition Bluray Movie
  • And while, at first, I thought it was silly to have the alien be able to swim, but if you think about it, they don’t breathe air
  • I think the special edition ending was so much better suited to the theme of the Alien movies and Alien Resurrection
  • Still, I enjoyed this version more than the original

• by sarahdragon26

After Alien 3 didn’t really impress me, I wasn’t sure Alien Resurrection would be any good. I purchased the Alien 4 Alien Resurrection 1997 Special Edition Bluray. The filmmakers ended the series on a really strong note, giving some finality to the alien storyline. Ripley died to keep the Alien creatures from falling into corrupt hands. In a way, her story had come full cycle. But now, they clone her just to have the queen she had been carrying when she died in the third film. With being cloned, Ripley herself has changed. Becoming something closer to superhuman than anything else.

There was one very clear difference to this film, that seemed to separate it from the first three films. While the Alien movies have had their feelings of fright and scenes that made you jump almost out of your skin, there was not so much of that in this

Alien film. The film struck me more as a comedy, not a scary movie. With Ripley being more of a predator then ever and cracking jokes to Call’s annoyingly humane droid. In truth, I liked this Ripley. A strong, powerful, aggressive woman.

The idea of the military wanting these creatures for military purposes, for pets of war, was a little frightening. I really hope… No, I pray that there would be some common sense when it comes to creatures such as these. Who can not be controlled and hopefully, would never be breed for military purposes.

There were a few parts that always stuck out in my mind. For good and for bad reasons. Watching the underwater part was actually painful. Holding your breath for that long would have been impossible to do. And while, at first, I thought it was silly to have the alien be able to swim,

but if you think about it, they don’t breathe air. So them being able to swim underwater is not so far-fetched. What was ridiculous, to me at least, was the scene where the alien queen was giving birth to a live alien. It just seemed like the filmmakers were pushing the envelope a little. I mean, just because the queen came from Ripley, doesn’t mean she would have given live birth. Ripley’s not laying eggs. And the queen would normally come from another creature and she never once took on that creature’s birthing habits. As for the live-birthed alien, it would make sense the offspring of live-birth would not see the queen as its mother because it’s not her DNA that truly made it. The creature she gave birth to was humanoid in form. From its eyes, it’s nose, it’s mouth and basic body structure even if it was very ...

• Alien 4 Alien Resurrection 1997 Special Edition Bluray Movie
      big. Very little about it came from the queen’s DNA structure.

There were a few random things that were different from the original film. When the doctors were reeducating Ripley, they showed her a picture of a little girl and you could tell she was remembering Newt. There was happiness and sadness that was there. Another thing is the joke that was made about Weyland Inc. That they were purchased by Walmart. That joke surprised me that I just couldn’t help laughing.

The biggest difference in the movie that seemed to change everything was the ending. It was different then what was in the original film. I had wondered why they didn’t want to go back to Earth. What was wrong with it, that made the crew of the Betty was against going back to Earth? In the original film, you see Ripley and Call looking out the window at

clouds, blue waters, and green lush land. Yet, in the Special Edition, you really see why the crew of the Betty didn’t want to go to Earth. It was nothing like what was shown in the original film. The Betty actually lands on Earth and you really see it. It’s a barren wasteland. A wasteland that had once been Paris, France which I could tell from the Eiffel Tower in the center. I had never seen that ending before, but it was a Mind Blower ending. A lot of questions were answered with that ending.

I think the special edition ending was so much better suited to the theme of the Alien movies and Alien Resurrection. And it made sense why the military wanted these Alien creatures. Earth must have been destroyed by war or something equally as destructive. Still, I enjoyed this version more than the original. Hands down!

Andrew Leaither says :

I thought that Alien 3 was a great movie. I also watched Alien 4 and realized that though the stories were stronger, I think that Alien 4 was a much better and stronger, more dynamic movie. Even today, the Alien movies are loved and watched by many people all over the world.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114061611070730/k2311a064/6.4.13