Spring Valley Public Library
4280 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89103
  • It has really been a valuable resource for me because I can do a lot of things there for a lower cost than going to an office supply shop
  • I like the children’s section of the library because it is all stuff for kids in English and Spanish
  • Another convenient option for me is reserving or requesting titles from the main library
  • I recommend this library as a good resource for families

• by Aphrodite

I have been using the Clark County Spring Valley Library since I moved here to Las Vegas. The Spring Valley Library is located at 4280 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89103, at the corner of Rochelle and Jones Blvd. It has really been a valuable resource for me because I can do a lot of things there for a lower cost than going to an office supply shop.

Recently I needed to make copies of documents and fax them to a government office. I was able to print the forms out, make copies of proof of ID, and send the documents by fax all for a much smaller fee.

Printing and copying cost $.10 per page, and it is $1.50 per page to fax. I was very pleased by this

because it only cost me about $5 to accomplish everything. It would have cost more to go to Kinkos or the Post Office.

At least twice peer week, I borrow DVD movies and music CDs. I can check out up to 50 items at one time. I get a few books to read to the kids, a book or two for me and some cartoon movies for the kids.

I like the children’s section of the library because it is all stuff for kids in English and Spanish. There is a small table where they can sit and look at books while the parents are checking out materials. They also have computers just for the kids where they can play games and surf the Internet (by way of library filters for ...

• content). All materials and computer time is free of charge with a library card.

The children and adult sections are separated and adults are only allowed in the kids section if accompanying a child. I like this rule because it is safer for the older children who visit the library alone.

The staff is always very helpful and will do their best to help you find what you need. Another convenient option for me is reserving or requesting titles from the main library. They have a huge selection and you can request the pickup location be the location of your choice.

This saves me a lot of time, and I am able to find titles that are not normally available in my location. Hard-to-find books and DVDs can sometimes be found in the

library catalog.

A new feature they have just recently started is a section for television series. Comedies, dramas, mysteries and more can be found in this section. I like a particular British comedy that is not available on my cable network anymore, but I found 5 seasons of the show at the library. I grabbed up all five and made sure to let the library staffs know how happy I was about this new section.

I recommend this library as a good resource for families. It’s a good place to bring the kids on the weekends where they can use the computers and check out good books to read. This has helped my school-age children a lot since they have a leap pad that we can check out along with the books to use with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 253061611040630/k2311a063/6.3.13