Safety 1st Essentials Child Proofing Kit 46 piece
1.5
  • We have two toddlers in the house and safety is a big issue
  • I suppose it is my own fault for choosing the cheaper product over the more expensive ones, but I thought that a company with a name like Safety 1st would have made a better product
  • I don’t recommend this kit because it is not a quality product

• by Aphrodite

We have two toddlers in the house and safety is a big issue. Bathrooms are dangerous places for babies, and it is vital to have something to keep them out of there. We looked around online to find some child-proofing tools when the babies started walking and getting into cabinets and things. We found a lot of good kits, but they were really pricey.

We found the Safety 1st Essentials Child Proofing Kit after looking at several others. It was a 46 piece kit which gave us door knob covers, outlet covers and cabinet latches to child-proof all the areas of our house

that wasn’t safe for the babies.

We chose this particular kit because at the time it was cheaper than the others and had more pieces to it. We very quickly found out that we had made the wrong choice. The outlet covers have little pull tabs which make it easy for anyone to pull them out. And they do not fit tightly into the socket. They stayed in at first but soon enough the babies figured out how to pull that tab and they took them all out.

Another big disappointment was the door knob covers. I was looking forward to these because the

kids are just tall enough to reach knobs and like to play in the bathroom.

These covers are very cheaply made; they are flimsy and pull apart easy. We couldn’t keep these on at all; we had to resort to using duct tape around the knob cover to keep the tabs from being pulled open. I felt that we shouldn’t need tape to hold these on, they should have been made better. The cover is in two pieces and connects with little plastic tabs which really don’t hold.

It is the same with the cabinet latches. They are too flexible and allow ...

• Safety 1st Essentials Child Proofing Kit 46 piece
      too much room in the opening. Little fingers can reach right in and push it down.

I was really not happy with this kit, I felt like I wasted my money on this when I could have bought something better. I suppose it is my own fault for choosing the cheaper product over the more expensive ones, but I thought that a company with a name like “Safety 1st” would have made a better product. Their reputation is on the line with this one.

I got this kit on sale for about $10 at WalMart. In my opinion it was not worth it. My

$10 should have gone on a better quality product. I thought I was saving money by buying a kit with all the pieces instead of buying products individually. In some cases, that might have been a correct assumption, but not for this product.

I don’t recommend this kit because it is not a quality product. It might be cheaper in price, but it is also cheap in quality. It is not worth buying. Save your money and buy something else. It does not live up to its claims of being a child-proofing kit. It is too easy for children to take these pieces apart.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 543061610980630/k2311a063/6.3.13