Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Chocolate Chip Flavor
  • I bought the 8-count box as a snack for the boys while we did our grocery shopping
  • I like this product but there are a couple of things that I was disappointed by
  • The chips are mini-chocolate chips, and I think I counted four in one bar
  • I paid around $3 for a box of 8 bars at Smith’s Food and Drug in Las Vegas

• by Aphrodite

Grocery shopping with kids can be very exhausting, especially when you have to deal with hungry kids while shopping. I usually buy them a snack while we shop to make it easier. I grabbed a box of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars in the chocolate chip variety. I used to eat these when I was a kid so I knew they’d like them too.

I bought the 8-count box as a snack for the boys while we did our grocery shopping. We typically have four kids with us

when we shop or run errands so this was the perfect size for us. The boys could have two each which would keep them content until we finished our shopping.

I like this product but there are a couple of things that I was disappointed by. The bars are very small, a lot smaller than I remember, and there are not many chips in them. The chips are mini-chocolate chips, and I think I counted four in one bar. I would have liked more chocolate in them and the bars to be a bit bigger. Although they tasted good, the bars were soft and chewy with a good flavor, they weren’t very filling as a snack. I ended up buying a bunch of bananas too because that wasn’t enough for them.

I can’t say the product is bad because it isn’t. It does make a good treat or snack if you have something else to go with it. For the size of the bars, this would make a perfect snack for babies or ...

• Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Chocolate Chip Flavor
      toddlers. For older children I would suggest one bar and a piece of fruit. Each bar is 100 calories so you may not want to give your kids more than one due to the calories.

As a mom, I like that these bars are made with natural ingredients such as rolled oats which are good for them. Although they do not contain high-fructose corn syrup, which is a big concern for many, it does contain some fructose.

The price is not too bad either. I paid around $3

for a box of 8 bars at Smith’s Food and Drug in Las Vegas. They might be a little cheaper somewhere else so they are a good value for the money.

My only complaint with this product is the size of the bars; I just wish the company would make them a bit larger. Then I would give them an 8 rating. The size is probably due to the costs of production, but they would be a lot better if they were the same size as some of Quaker’s other products.

Bacon14 says :

re : I bought the 8-count box as a snack for the boys while we did our grocery shopping
My family and I always have these on the go when we are traveling a far distance from home. they always have a ton of chocolate chips in them. And are really good for a snack, better then candy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273061610940630/k2311a063/6.3.13