Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
  • One of my baby shower gifts happened to be a Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump so I thought I might as well give it a try and I am so glad I did
  • I was happy about that because it meant that I did not have to buy storage bags, I could use one bottle for pumping and the other for storing
  • I whole-heartedly recommend this product to other nursing mothers

• by Aphrodite

Before my son was born, I had read somewhere that to keep up a good milk supply you need to use an electric breast pump because manual pumps do not empty the breast completely. I was getting worried because I planned to breastfeed and knew that I could not afford $200 for an electric breast pump. One of my baby shower gifts happened to be a Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump so I thought I might as well give it a try and I am so glad I did.

The Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump includes 2 replacement flange covers and 2 valves. The whole assembly took only minutes to piece together and taking apart for cleaning. I had used a manual pump before with my other children and remembered the uncomfortable pressure

from the suction, but I was very surprised that there was no uncomfortable pressure this time. It took only a few minutes of pumping to trigger the letdown reflex and I was able to express 6 ounces of breast milk in about 15 to 20 minutes.

It has a soft, flexible plastic shield covering the flange so it does not produce too much suction and that makes it more comfortable to use. The soft plastic pressing against the breast does not hurt at all so I could sit and pump while watching television and be done in a very short time. I am ashamed to admit that I gave up breastfeeding my older children because it hurt so much but this made it much easier and I was able to continue using

this pump for nearly a year before the parts wore out.

The pump includes an extra milk collection bottle and cap for storing leftover milk in the refrigerator so there is no waste. I was happy about that because it meant that I did not have to buy storage bags, I could use one bottle for pumping and the other for storing. I was able to save a lot of money this way.

I really did not expect this pump to work as well as it did. It looked very simple and basic right out of the box so I figured it would be one of those items I would use until I could buy another one, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance of this pump. It does a ...

• Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
      great job of expressing milk and is very quiet, makes no noise at all so none of the family members will know you are pumping. It is inexpensive, only about $30 through Amazon or WalMart, and for me it worked just as well as the more expensive ones I had planned to buy.

Using a manual pump turned out to be a blessing for me, it enabled me to breastfeed my son a lot longer than I expected and saved me money by not having to buy extra supplies for storing milk used with the electric machines. It is also very easy to clean, I would just take all the parts apart and place them in a bowl of soapy water to soak and scrubbed them with a little scrub brush

I had. The whole process only took a few minutes and it was ready to use again.

The Lansinoh Manual Breast pump is a great value for mothers who need a pump, but cannot afford a big expense. It is not true that you need an electric pump to maintain a good milk supply, I pumped 40 ounces a day when my son was 6 months old using this little manual pump so I am proof that this is not true. I also like the freedom to move around while using this pump, it doesn’t make me feel like a cow hooked up to an suction machine.

I whole-heartedly recommend this product to other nursing mothers. It is a quality product, affordably priced and will last for a long time with proper care and maintenance.

tomeka says :

I have one of these and i’ve never used it. Reasons because i have this other breast pump and it annoyed me and left my breast sore. I’m still producing milk through hand expressions. I am tempted to try the breast pump after reading your review.

Aphrodite replies :

Glad to hear it. I loved this pump and would buy it again if I knew someone that had a new baby. The biggest thing with manual pumps is to make sure that your parts are not showing any signs of wear. It can make the suction uncomfortable if the rubber parts are cracked or don’t fit well. This was a lifesaver to me and I recommend them to anyone who needs something portable and affordable.

Crystal says :

re : One of my baby shower gifts happened to be a Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump so I thought I might as well give it a try and I am so glad I did
I bought one with my mom as a baby shower gift for myself. Yes, I’m aware I shouldn’t be getting myself gifts. I got one and it was amazing. It hurt so bad initially using it but as I began to lactate more and more I became a lot more comfortable with it. My breasts actually severely hurt if I do not express them which I find a breast pump to be the most efficient way even though squirting at my husband is delightfully fun.

praja says :

I have used them before. They are amazing. For first few days using these might give a bit of discomfort, but in a week or so that discomfort goes and one can easily express milk without any issues

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5429051610730731/k2311a0529/5.29.13