Rold Gold Pretzels: Dark Dipped Bavarian Twists
  • I found its a sweet kind of bitterness that comes together with the crunchy salty goodness of rold gold pretzels
  • I know since they tasted so good, I ate at least five without thinking about it
  • I think that's what made these pretzels even better
  • In the end I thoroughly enjoyed these pretzels, very much so
  • I would excitedly recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

I was given a bag of Rold Gold Pretzels: Dark Dipped Bavarian twist to try from a friend who is in love with pretzels. Being that I am a person who loves trying new things, I couldn’t turn down her offer. I actually have never previously had crunchy pretzels that were coated with anything. Until now when trying this product. As usual Rold Gold Pretzels never ceases to please.

Dark dipped Bavarian Twists are pretzels coated in dark fudge. My

initial thoughts were that I only like frozen fudge pops, but after sinking my teeth into one of the pretzels I quickly changed my mind. The dark fudge is coated, not thickly but enough that it covers the crunchy center of pretzel. I found its a sweet kind of bitterness that comes together with the crunchy salty goodness of rold gold pretzels. I liked that the dark fudge wasn’t too sweet, its not like fudge pudding. It especially doesn’t taste like chocolate either. At least in my opinion it doesn’t.

On the back it reads that for one serving size, which is only two pretzels there is one hundred and thirty calories, with one-hundred and sixty calories of sodium, and ten grams of sugar. I know since they tasted so good, I ate at least five without thinking about it. With snacks that taste this good, its easy to eat more than you’re supposed to. For people who are health cautious, I ...

• Rold Gold Pretzels: Dark Dipped Bavarian Twists
      would say that these aren’t the healthiest but they aren’t totally bad. There’s about seven servings in the entire bag, so I ate about two and a half servings at the first helping. Its like having a sweet and salty candy bar, or a crunchy cookie. The great thing about dark fudge is that it doesn’t take as much to satisfy your sweet tooth. Because its rich and not heavily sweetened like milk chocolate. I think that’s what made these pretzels
      even better.

Although like most coated snacks, you can’t leave them in warm places for too long or else they melt and become all messy and a pain to eat. With the pretzels, its no different.

In the end I thoroughly enjoyed these pretzels, very much so. I fully understand why my friend is crazy about this product. I’m officially hooked and will look to buy myself a bag of these in the near future.

I would excitedly recommend this to a friend.

Raetta says :

This looks good. Your review made me really want to try them. I’m going to add them to my grocery list.

Elle says :

Just when I thought Rold Gold Pretzel Rods could not get any better they take them and dip them in one of the silkiest, decadent dark chocolates you will taste and I literally get the urged to belt out the lyrics “who knew heaven was a place on earth.” You know the little happy dance you do when eating great food? Never thought a snack could produce the same results, but for some reason I found myself happy dancing in between bites. If you’re as big a dark chocolate fan as I am and love a salty sweet contrast I feel this snack is definitely for you.

• To Buy or Not to Buy
  • + These pretzels are amazing, just don't eat them in large portions and you'll ok. ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728051610530431/k2311a0528/5.28.13