Clover Valley Strawberry Lemonade
  • I found that over the span of my meal, the strawberry lemonade when my ice melted over, tasted a lot better
  • In my opinion it knocked down the sugar levels, balancing it out making less sugary to taste
  • I would happily recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

I tried Clover Valley Strawberry Lemonade as a addition to my dinner, chilled and over ice. I personally love different flavors combined with lemonade. With this it isn’t no difference.

My first impression of this beverage is that it’s really sweet, like not sugary but it’s certainly lemonade with a fruity kick. I felt as if I was drinking a glass of country time lemonade with a pour of snapple strawberry kiwi tea mixed in. I can’t say it tasted like real lemonade but it was really, really close to it. Tart enough for my tastes. I found that over the span of my meal, the strawberry lemonade when my ice

melted over, tasted a lot better. In my opinion it knocked down the sugar levels, balancing it out making less sugary to taste.

Turning over the bottle, the label reads that for one eight ounce cup, there is one-hundred and twenty calories, only twenty grams of sodium and thirty grams of sugar. Personally, the amount of sugar in this isn’t surprising yet it’s shocking because that is a single cup. I supposed since the beverage is from concentrate it has a little more pow to it. Even when adding water it still had a pretty strong taste to it. It’s kind of like having a powered drink mix, but it’s in ...

• liquid form. It’s not the healthiest thing for people who are looking to watch their calories and sugar intake, but its great if you’re looking for something to satisfy your liquid sweet tooth.

After a few glasses, I found that like most artificially flavored tart drinks, a film is left behind in the back of my throat, which is actually pretty unpleasant. I suppose it’s to be expected from a drink made with artificial flavoring, and is tart. But it’s kind of annoying after a while. I ended up washing it down with some plain water afterward, although that’s not to say its not a tasty drink. I just wish that

it wouldn’t leave such a discomforting feeling in the back of my throat. In my opinion it’s best to drink this beverage when chilled in the refrigerator, or over ice.

In the end, I enjoyed this beverage. To me it tasted better than some other brands of Strawberry Lemonade I’ve tried in the past. Although, in the future I will look to purchasing. I feel that this is not only a taste quencher, but a good drink to have on a hot day over ice. For a beverage from the dollar general, I feel that you can’t go wrong with paying a couple of bucks. I would happily recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728051610510431/k2311a0528/5.28.13