Razer Naga Epic mouse
2.0
  • A few months ago I decided that I was really into computer gaming
  • I am constantly cleaning it out with a small brush to avoid having a layer of crud encrusting my mouse
  • Don't get me wrong- I love the mouse, but if you were dead on getting the Razer Naga Epic
  • I would highly encourage you to first consider the Razer Naga Original because eventually you’ll realize there's nothing so 'epic' about it

• by chee154

A few months ago I decided that I was really into computer gaming. However, unbeknownst to me at that time was that truthfully I was more into gaming peripheral than actually gaming itself. Hampered by a shallow bank account I decided to invest in the smaller accessories such as the headset, mouse, mousepad and so on.

Attracted to the bright LED’s and the flashy designs of gaming gear- Razer products really stood out as a go-to for both functionality and aesthetics. Browsing the

mouse selections I tried and demoed most of the wire and wireless mouse and found the Razer Naga to be the most comfortable for long intensive gaming sessions, while offering both flexibility and beauty.

The mouse design fits a claw-palm grip style of usage; and comes with different side extensions to swap for your preference. However, as each of these snap on extensions go to the extremes of each, I eventually resorted to using the default sizing.

As a clean freak- the sides (especially where the buttons are) draw sweat residue grime like no other. I am constantly cleaning it out with a small brush to avoid having a layer of crud encrusting my mouse.

I don’t know why Razer couldn’t use the same material they did for the top of the mouse- but while the glossy surface of the sides look nice; it’s nothing but a magnet for filth. Though drawn to the ability to function wirelessly through about a month or two use of ...

• Razer Naga Epic mouse
      the mouse I have found that I am mostly using the mouse wired the vast majority of the time.

While the hardware of the wireless dock and mouse itself is fine; the driver Razer Synpase 2. 0 is absolutely garbage, rendering the wireless function to be more of a hassle than an actual benefit.

Sadly, without the driver it is impossible to manage the twelve macro buttons and to adjust the settings. Though the rotating color schematics of the mouse seemed really cool

from the start- in the end I have set the entirety of the mouse to the default blue.

In the end, I’m essentially paid an additional $100 for a Razer Naga (original). The gimmicks of the Razer Naga Epic are nothing but useless in reality.

Don’t get me wrong- I love the mouse, but if you were dead on getting the Razer Naga Epic; I would highly encourage you to first consider the Razer Naga Original because eventually you’ll realize there’s nothing so ‘epic’ about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3328051610480431/k2311a0528/5.28.13