Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Butter Microwave Popcorn  » Food  »
  • I love popcorn and watching movies, so when I picked up some videos at Blockbuster Video I also grabbed some popcorn from my local grocery store
  • It was salty and buttery just the way I like it
  • There were only a few little kernels left in the bag so I was happy that I had done it right
  • I usually just buy the cheaper product unless I know that one brand is better than the other

• by Aphrodite

I love popcorn and watching movies, so when I picked up some videos at Blockbuster Video I also grabbed some popcorn from my local grocery store. I love lots of butter on my popcorn so the “movie theater butter” flavor really appealed to me.

I have tried many other brands of microwave popcorn and most of them all seem to be

close to the same thing. They all leave a ton of unpopped kernels in the bag and have hardly any butter. When I made this popcorn the first bag only popped half the kernels because I followed the directions on the box that said to “set the timer for 2 minutes and listen for the popping to slow”. Well after some trial and error, I discovered that I needed to increase the time because not all microwaves cook the same.

I set the timer for 3 minutes and stopped it at 20 seconds which made perfectly popped popcorn. It turned out large, fluffy pieces of popcorn that tasted really good. It was salty and buttery just the way I like it. There ...

• Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter Microwave Popcorn
      were only a few little kernels left in the bag so I was happy that I had done it right.

Orville Redenbacher is a quality brand of popcorn, and I like the movie theater butter version just as well as some of the other flavors.

I have decided that even though this brand costs a little more than some of the

generic store popcorn ($3.59 with my Smith’s card), it is worth the price for popcorn that turns out this well.

I usually just buy the cheaper product unless I know that one brand is better than the other. I liked this product well enough that I would buy it again. It has good flavor and resembles the picture on the box, which hardly ever happens.

Edchellyne says :

I agree to the author. It’s the best ever popcorn I’ve tasted in my entire life

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728051610450431/k2311a0528/5.28.13