Kyocera Brio Cell Phone (iWireless prepaid)
  • Although it is connected to the Sprint network, I often experience times when I am not able to send messages even though it shows a full bar
  • I paid $40 for this phone model at the Smith's customer service department
  • It has very limited capabilities, which is why I think it is only available for the pre-paid service
  • I would agree that it is much better than some of the phone models offered for the Virgin Mobile service

• by Aphrodite

The Kyocera Brio is a cell phone for use on the Sprint network and works with the iWireless prepaid phone plans. This particular phone model is very similar to a Blackberry phone, but it is not considered to be a smartphone. Although it looks like a more advanced model it really is not.

The buttons are very tiny which makes texting

difficult. I have to use the tips of my fingernails to hit the “ok” button in the center. Although it is connected to the Sprint network, I often experience times when I am not able to send messages even though it shows a full bar. I get a “general message fail” indicator whenever this happens.

The 1.5 mega pixel camera takes “ok” photographs, they are fairly clear but just not as good as higher pixel cameras. I can also send text and send picture messages with it, these features work pretty well.

Because it is not really a high tech phone I cannot download or use many of the popular mobile apps. I can download ringtones, wallpapers and mp3s though. I paid $40 ...

• Kyocera Brio Cell Phone (iWireless prepaid)
      for this phone model at the Smith’s customer service department.

I don’t know if this model is only made for the pre-paid service or not but it seems like only something that could be used for limited service. This is not a model for use by people who use their phones a lot on the mobile web. It has very

limited capabilities, which is why I think it is only available for the pre-paid service.

For pre-paid service, which is what I have, this phone is ok.If all you do is text and surf the web for recipes, then this model would suit your needs. I would agree that it is much better than some of the phone models offered for the Virgin Mobile service.

Leticia Torres says :

re : Although it is connected to the Sprint network, I often experience times when I am not able to send messages even though it shows a full bar
My phone is fully charged showing a full bar, yet there are times when I am not able to send a text message. At first I thought it was because I was texting several texts, one after another. But I realized that just texting once could also slow down my phone. I text alot so it can be frustrating sometimes but I deal with it because I really like my phone and don’t plan to buy another at this time. So I just wait until I have to resend my text. There’s really no hurry for texting. It seems to happen more at night. I guess there’s just too many people on their phones at the same time causing this glitch. It doesn’t stop me from texting as usual.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2228051610440431/k2311a0528/5.28.13