iWireless Cell Phone Service
  • The ones I had previously cost between $50 and $100 dollars upfront plus the monthly service plan fee and insurance
  • So far, I can say that I like the service, I haven’t experienced any dropped calls or service outages
  • I would recommend this service to other people with a tight budget who need a cell phone

• by Aphrodite

I live on a rather tight budget and cannot afford to have a cell phone, or so I thought. The ones I had previously cost between $50 and $100 dollars upfront plus the monthly service plan fee and insurance. I went for awhile without one because I couldn’t afford the cost, until I found the prepaid phone plans inside Smith’s Grocery Stores. I just picked out a phone and chose a $25 airtime card and paid for it all at customer service.

iWireless is operated by Sprint and offers two plans: individual and family plan. The individual plan is

$25 per month and includes 200 talk minutes, unlimited text and picture messaging and 200 mgs of data. The family plan is 2000 shared minutes, 50 text and pictures messages and 1 gigabyte of shared data service.

I chose the individual plan because I don’t call anyone that often but mainly use my phone for texting. This plan fit my budget and the Sprint phone I purchased was only $45. It resembles a Blackberry but it isn’t a smartphone.

So far, I can say that I like the service, I haven’t experienced any dropped calls or service outages.

• Customer service was really helpful when I couldn’t figure out why my picture messages weren’t getting through. Picture messaging has to be turned on in some phones.

iWireless seems to be a good cell phone service provider and I think I will continue to use the service for awhile. It has everything I need and is priced within the terms of my budget. I get good service for the price of $25 per month.

I was using the SafeLink service and phone for low-income, it didn’t cost me anything but it is more limited even though it has the

same number of minutes and no data service. I can’t use Google to look up things in the web browser and cannot download ringtones for it. iWireless has its own web service for ringtones and wallpapers but you have to buy them for $1.99 each, but I can search the web for free ringtones that will work on my Sprint phone.

I would recommend this service to other people with a tight budget who need a cell phone. It is affordable and has decent service. It is a lot better than some of the prepaid services I have used before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2217051610070431/k2311a0517/5.17.13