Kashi Go lean Crunch: Honey Almond Flax  » Food  »
  • This is one of the reasons I love this cereal
  • I enjoy crunchy food, especially crunchy cereal
  • Although with the little pieces of almonds and flax, makes the sweet crunchy experience even better

• by nitakb

Kashi is one of those brands, that’s catches your eye when you’re on a health kick or are looking for a better alternative to your usual sugary selections. Let me tell you, I was opened to a new kind of goodness, called Kashi Go Lean Crunch: Honey Almond Flax. This cereal is absolutely amazing. Let me to tell you why.

From a health stand point, you get fifteen grams of whole grains, nine grams of protein, eight grams of fiber and five-hundred milligrams of omega-three. One serving of this cereal is one

whole cup, which is two-hundred calories without milk. There’s only 4.5 grams of fat, twelve grams of sugar.

The cereal texture is a blend of sweet crunchy cluster with sliced almonds and whole flax seeds. This is one of the reasons I love this cereal. I enjoy crunchy food, especially crunchy cereal. Although I will say that if you have sensitive teeth you might want to the cereal sit in the milk for a bit to let it soften up. Because this cereal is indeed crunchy.

There are different tastes involved in this cereal, first there’s the faint essence of evaporated cane juice and then the touch of honey that gently coats the clusters. Once you get pasted that you have the taste kashi’s whole grain blend. It’s a unique taste that kind of catches you off guard. If wasn’t for the sweetness of honey and evaporated can juice the whole grains would most likely be hard to get down. Although with the little pieces of almonds and flax, makes the sweet crunchy experience even better. I felt good knowing I was ...

• Kashi Go lean Crunch: Honey Almond Flax
      getting my whole grains for the morning.

I also felt fuller, kind of like I’d eaten a bowl of oatmeal. I held over longer than a plate of eggs and bacon too. Which was surprising because I get hungry faster when eating cereal.

My only compliant about this cereal is that there isn’t enough of it in one box. I ate a cup everyday for about a week and a half, and was out. I guess I’m used to cereal lasting longer and having more in the box, but really

wish it would last longer. Since it costs a little bit more than the other cereal’s I usually buy. At Kroger I can catch on sale for about $$3.09 with card and at Walmart for $2.98. I can’t say that this expensive but its more than what I’m used to. Although judging from the good results I got from this cereal of feeling full longer and not guilty, I can see myself buying this again. Just not on a regular basis.

Overall I am satifed with this cereal. I would recommend this to a friend.

Brian Green says :

I love the Kashi brand, my Son and I like the coconut Crunch

nitakb replies :

I have yet to try the coconut crunch, although I will look to in the future of course :) Since I love coconut.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714051609830531/k2311a0514/5.14.13