Figaro: Hickory Liquid smoke and barbecue marinade
  • I thought who ever made this product and claims has a funny sense of humor
  • The liquid smoke made the pork chops taste amazing
  • I would happily recommend this to a friend

• by nitakb

So, I was introduced to this product by my older sister, who came over to dinner. She bought over this little bottle called Figaro: Hickory Liquid smoke and barbecue. I had never previously heard of such of thing as ’smoke’ in a bottle. I thought who ever made this product and claims has a funny sense of humor. Seriously.

There is no calories, no sugar no carbs and only has fifty-five grams of sodium. On the ingredient label it reads that there is

Water, Hickory Smoke Flavor, Vinegar, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sugar, Color Caramel, Spices. And that literally what’s consisted in this four ounce bottle. In my mind I was like wow, still someone has a funny sense of humor. I always thought hickory came only from wood. It’s intended for use in both outdoor grills and indoor grills.

My sister urged me to try it on the pork chops I was getting ready to prepare. She said it would make it come to life, almost as if I popped it out on the grill. Considering I can’t say no to my sister and am always up for a challenge. I have to say, I was impressed.

The scent of the liquid smoke is strong. Like seriously. I didn’t even have to put the bottle close to my nose to smell it either. The liquid is a dark brown, and is kind of watery itself, nothing thick about it.

I pierced holes into the pork chops with a knife, and then ...

• Figaro: Hickory Liquid smoke and barbecue marinade
      poured on the liquid smoke, on both sides, before covering it and letting it sit for about fifteen minutes. I still added on a few of my original seasonings, but not heavily, as I wanted to taste the results of the liquid smoke.

Let me say, that I had an almost eye roll back moment. The liquid smoke made the pork chops taste amazing! I can’t say it tasted like I barbecued them, but the flavor was certainly there. I mean seriously, it didn’t

even clash with any of my usual seasonings. The meat was juicy, tender and just pure yum. Not salty, not sweet and not bitter. My sister was right when she said the liquid smoke would bring the meat to life.

I’m glad my sister Introduced me to this product. I have brought and plan to buy some more of it to use on more of my meats in the future. To give it some tasty kick.

I would happily recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714051609810531/k2311a0514/5.14.13