Spoken English learned quickly, book by Lynn Lundquist  » Books  »
  • I have noticed that many people say ‘rain is coming’, instead of ‘it is raining’
  • In my opinion, this book is certainly a very helpful book
  • From my own experience, I say that this book has helped me a lot

• by Francis

I have read the book ‘Spoken English learned quickly’ written by Lynn Lundquist. This is a good and helpful book. This book is certainly of help to anybody who is interested to improve his or her fluency in English. In my case, it was certainly helpful. Throughout the book, the author has written many sentences, phrases and pronunciations and given us tips to understand and speak fluently. In order to understand properly, one may have to read the book again and again. However, I cannot say that just

reading this book will help anybody to improve their fluency in English. This book can only be a tool from which you can make the effort to improve your fluency in English. This book certainly helped me a lot.

I was not weak in English. But to read, understand or write in English and to speak it fluently are two different things. In order to speak fluently, one needs a lot of effort. In this book, there are many simple sentences. I just started repeating those sentences and also similar sentences loudly in a clear voice. This practice certainly improved my fluency, even if only for a small extent. But more important is to speak to others in English and also to give public speeches. In India, English is not the mother tongue. However, there are people who do speak in English. I started speaking to such people and gradually, I was glad to notice that I had, to a certain extent, gained fluency in English.

From this book, I also learnt about the pronunciation of various words ...

• Spoken English learned quickly, book by Lynn Lundquist
      and also grammar. Earlier, I was very careless about pronunciation. This book became the motivation for me to correct my pronunciation. While speaking to friends, I would be careful about my pronunciation. I also became very careful about the grammar. In English, it is very common to make grammatical errors. I have noticed that many people say ‘rain is coming’, instead of ‘it is raining’; ‘I happy’, instead of ‘I am happy’ etc… This book became the motivation for me to speak in correct grammatical sentences.

In my opinion,

this book is certainly a very helpful book. I have come across many sentences which we use in our day-to-day life in this book. Of course, I needed to make a lot of effort to improve my fluency in English. This book motivated me to speak correctly. From my own experience, I say that this book has helped me a lot. After reading this book, it was possible for me to understand many things which I could not understand before. I will rate this book 9 out of 10 points.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1713051609630731/k2311a0513/5.13.13