Everyone communicates, Few connect: What the most effective people do differently, book by John C. Maxwell  » Books  »
  • In my opinion, this is a valuable book and there are several instructions in the book which are worthy to be followed
  • In my opinion and from my experience, I say that this book is an excellent book and very helpful

• by Francis

I have read the book ‘Everyone communicates, Few connect: What the most effective people do differently’ written by John C. Maxwell. This is a good and interesting book. In this book, the author lays emphasis on connection. Everbody communicates with other people, but there are few among us who actually succeed in connecting or relating to each other. The author says clearly that it is not enough if we merely speak to each other. We need to ensure that we are connecting properly to each other. For proper connection, we need to speak in an effective manner. The most

important point is to give importance to what other people are saying. The author has also made it easier by giving plenty of examples from his own life. He has written about several of his failures and mistakes also. From all this, we can also learn something. This book is certainly very helpful, especially to the preachers and public speakers.

In my opinion, this is a valuable book and there are several instructions in the book which are worthy to be followed. Earlier, I also only used to communicate with people and my communication was really blind. I mostly used to speak for the sake of speaking. I seldom gave importance to what the other person said. Upon reading this book, I realized my mistake and decided to put into practice some of the instructions in the book. I slowly started giving importance to what the other person says. I realized that people do not just listen to our speech, they also observe and feel our attitude. I started understanding things from the other person’s point of view. This understanding is very important and this is what almost everybody craves for. People want us to understand them and not ...

• Everyone communicates, Few connect: What the most effective people do differently, book by John C. Maxwell
      just listen to them. Gradually, I started connecting with other people.

Same is the case when we speak to a group of people. Connection is very important. I once had to give a speech and I spoke in a way which was very clear. I was very careful while answering the questions. I was careful to listen to the questions properly and understand the question from the questioner’s point of view. In my opinion, this is very important and this is also what I have learnt from this book. For this understanding, I really have to thank John C. Maxwell.

In

my opinion and from my experience, I say that this book is an excellent book and very helpful. However, connecting to people is not something easy. I have to admit that listening to people and understanding things from their point of view is very difficult. I also cannot say that I have totally mastered the art of connecting to people. There are still many occasions on which I fall back to my old habit of not listening properly to people. Overall, this book is a good and helpful book and I will rate it 9 out of 10 points.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 179051609450431/k2311a059/5.9.13