Teach yourself body language, book by Gordon Wainwright  » Books  »
  • However, I also saw several people who were really pleasant and friendly and they certainly enjoyed speaking to me
  • When somebody raised his hand, I noticed the way he raised his hand
  • In conclusion, I can say from my own experience that understanding body language is not difficult
  • In my opinion, this is a really good book

• by Francis

I have read the book ‘Teach yourself body language’ written by Gordon Wainwright. This is an excellent book. The author has done a great job. Everyday, we come across other people and we look at their bodies, but the vast majority of us do not make any attempt to understand the body language of different people. In fact, we do not observe the body properly. We interact with people rather mechanically. Gordon Wainwright awakens us to the fact that it is possible to understand body language. This book is a book worthy to be put into practice. Sometimes, understanding body language may only be sheer fun.

Upon reading this book, I learnt that just

looking into people’s eyes can be so rewarding. I started looking into the eyes of any person who spoke to me. I felt that most people are just indifferent. These people speak mechanically. They speak only because of the need to speak and not because they actually want to speak. For example, the counter salesman at the dress shop was certainly not interested in speaking to me. I looked into his eyes and instantly understood that he was bored with his job and he did not enjoy speaking to customers. I also looked at a friend and saw that his eyes were dominating. The look in his stare made it clear to me ...

• that he wanted me to do something for him, no matter whether I wanted to do it or not. However, I also saw several people who were really pleasant and friendly and they certainly enjoyed speaking to me.

From this book, it is clear that observing the eyes is only a small part. There are many other things such as facial expressions, gestures and body movements. Every facial expression has something behind it. I observed the facial expressions of people when they get angry. Anger gives people a certain facial expression which no other emotion can give. Happy people have a totally different facial expression. I observed the facial expressions of my friends and

relatives and I came to know that many times when they appreciated or praised me about something, they did not actually mean it.

Upon reading this book, I learnt that observing the movements of the body is also a rewarding task. When somebody raised his hand, I noticed the way he raised his hand. I also noticed his facial expressions when he raised his hand.

In conclusion, I can say from my own experience that understanding body language is not difficult. We only need to observe intensely. In my opinion, this is a really good book. It is good not only to read, but also to put into practice. I will rate this book full 10 points.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178051609320431/k2311a058/5.8.13