TOFU  » Health  »
  • Just so he would stop pestering me, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine
  • What I love about tofu is how it absorbs the flavor of the whole meal

• by jackie
      My husband has been recently been complaining how I’m going to kill him with my cooking. It’s all about flavor for me since I grew up in the South. But it’s all about health for him; he said he’s been having nightmares about blocked arteries from the meals I prepare at home.

Just so he would stop pestering me, I decided to give him a taste of his

own medicine. We had TOFU for a week.

No beef, no pork, no chicken; just tofu, veggies and fish. But that plan had backfired and somehow I was converted into a health nut.

I lost some weight during tofu week, which made me really happy because I had been trying to lose some weight since I gave birth. I was also more energized, like I had taken some ...

• of my kid’s vitamins.

And I didn’t get constipated as much when I was eating beef and pork all the time. Tofu is actually soybean curd and has the texture of cheese.

What I love about tofu is how it absorbs the flavor of the whole meal. Sure it tastes bland on its own, but it assumes the taste of the other ingredients which make it very tasty.

And when you bite into it, it’s like eating cheese but with different flavors bursting in your mouth. Even my children love it, but ofcourse I didn’t tell them it was made from soy milk.

I read an article that said it’s filled with proteins, calcium, B-vitamins and isoflavones (which reduces risk of osteoporosis). It also reduces cholesterol which I probably need after all those years of unhealthy diet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34905160920631/k2311a059/5.9.07