Melitta 46894 Thermal Coffeemaker  » Housewares  »
  • I bought Melitta 46894 Thermal Coffeemaker despite some people had asked me to not go for it
  • The first thing I noticed is the fact that this coffeemaker comes with an insulated carafe
  • Over the time, the coffee definitely becomes less ‘hot’, but I noticed that the taste remain the same
  • Needless to say, I found the same once I started to use the machine
  • It is quite easy to fill it without any spilling of water (a common problem with many coffeemakers)

• by Galega

I bought Melitta 46894 Thermal Coffeemaker despite some people had asked me to not go for it. Many of my friends are using glass carafe coffeemaker and they are happy with their machine. It was natural for them to not suggest something different.

Nevertheless, I bought this metallic coffeemaker after doing some basic research. And, I am happy with my decision.

The first thing I noticed is the fact that this coffeemaker comes with an

insulated carafe. Once brewing cycle is done, this insulated carafe helps coffee to remain warm. Over the time, the coffee definitely becomes less ‘hot’, but I noticed that the taste remain the same. I don’t lose any taste is the one of the biggest testimonials that can be said about this machine. I must mention here that glass carafe coffeemaker uses a warming plate which keeps coffee warm by continuously cooking it, albeit slowly. And that is why over the time the taste of coffee gets deteriorated on a glass carafe. That may be good for someone who takes the entire coffee after the brewing cycle.

Another thing is the temperature. I had noticed during my research that this machine is designed to provide optimum amount of temperature to prepare coffee. Needless to say, I found the same once I started to use the machine. There is no need to ...

• Melitta 46894 Thermal Coffeemaker
      use high temperature to make coffee unlike other machine in the market. The result of maintaining optimum temperature is good taste.

These two points should make it clear that coffee coming out of this machine has better taste. Yes, it is. The taste for same brew is far much better with this machine.

This coffeemaker comes with a cone-based basket. I have noticed that glass carafe coffeemakers used by many of my friends have flat-bottomed

basket. The cone based helped in better brewing while allowing water to remain in contact with the ground for more time. Again, the result is better taste of coffee.

In the end, I would like to write that I am using this coffeemaker without any problems. It is quite easy to fill it without any spilling of water (a common problem with many coffeemakers). Further, it doesn’t require any labor to clean this machine. The design helps in easier cleaning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537051609190331/k2311a057/5.7.13