The civility solution: What to do when people are rude, book by P.M. Forni  » Books  »
  • In my opinion, this book is a helpful book
  • After reading this book, I tried my best to follow the suggestions of the author and I must admit that this has helped me
  • I have learnt from this book and also have experienced that the best thing is to be cool and calm while dealing with rude people

• by Francis

I have read the book ‘The civility solution: What to do when people are rude’ written by P.M. Forni. The author has written many good points in this book. However, it is not something easy to follow the suggestions of the author in this book. Rudeness is a fact which one can see all over the world. In our day-to-day life, all of us have to deal with rude and aggressive people. The author does his best to offer us good suggestions to deal with such people. This book is a good read.

of all, the author says that we ourselves have to be decent and civil people. If we ourselves are rude and aggressive, then it is certainly ridiculous on our part to even imagine how to deal with other rude and aggressive people.

In my opinion, this book is a helpful book. I myself have come across many rude people and before reading this book, I used to take their behavior very seriously. I used to feel hurt. But it was very rarely that I used to quarrel with such people. After reading this book, I tried my best to follow the suggestions of the author and I must admit that this has helped me.

In my opinion and also the opinion of the author, it is important that we should not be rude to rude people. Somebody may speak very rudely to me , but that does not mean that I should shout back or call him names. Feeling hurt and taking such people’s behavior seriously is also ridiculous. I have learnt from this book and also have experienced that the best thing is to be cool ...

• The civility solution: What to do when people are rude, book by P.M. Forni
      and calm while dealing with rude people. Be firm and assertive and at the same time, be gentle. Dealing firmly and gently with rude people often works. But of course, I can say with certainty that there are few rude people on whom no amount of gentleness will work. However, such extreme people are rare and the best thing is not to take them seriousy.

I also strongly feel that we should not argue with aggressive and rude people. Earlier, I did make the mistake of arguing with such people. Upon reading this book,

I realized my mistake and I stopped arguing with such people. I would like to say that not to argue with rude people is a real benediction. When you argue with such people, a lot of energy and also time is wasted. But when you speak to them calmly and gently, no energy will be wasted.

In conclusion, this is certainly a good book. This is a good book which has helped me much. Of course, it is not easy to live according to the suggestions in this book. I will rate this book full 10 points.

eryana says :

You have written such a good review. Self help books like this can be good for morale boost and act as a guide for future developments. There are a lot of good pointers mentioned in the book, and to apply in real life may take some practice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 176051609070431/k2311a056/5.6.13