Blistex Medicated Berry Balm with SPF15  » Cosmetics  »
  • Some of the things I like about the lip balm is it comes in a cute little maroon reddish tube that scrolls up and down easily to access the lip balm so you can apply it to your lips quickly, and the soft buttery texture of the lip balm is heavenly

• by EM

I have pale skin and delicate lips that burn within twenty minutes of being in the sun so I am always loading my skin up with sunscreen before heading out. However, I hate applying sunscreen too my lips so I recently bought some of the Blistex Medicated Berry Balm with SPF15 and have been using that on my lips instead. It is much nicer and does not taste as bad as sunscreen on the lips.

Some of the things I like about the lip balm is it comes in

a cute little maroon reddish tube that scrolls up and down easily to access the lip balm so you can apply it to your lips quickly, and the soft buttery texture of the lip balm is heavenly. The lip balm has a light pinkish tint to it, but it goes on clear giving the lips a pop of shine, but also protection from the sun. However, the lip balm does apply to the lips a bit heavily sometimes because it is not waxy in texture like most lip balms. Instead, it is very soft and buttery like in texture as I mentioned so you have to apply it lightly to the lips or you will end up wiping some of with a tissue. The scent of the lip balm is a berry medicated one, which does not smell bad, but does not smell pleasant either. However, it does provide a cooling tingling sensation to my lips, which I really like because it is soothing. The lip balm overall has no flavor too it which is nice, but when ...

• Blistex Medicated Berry Balm with SPF15
      you go to drink something it does tend to come off on the rim you sipped off of leaving a medicated taste and residue behind, which is why I only apply this lip balm when I go out in the sun for the day.

The lip balm is very moisturizing to the lips and does protect them well from becoming burned by the sun’s rays. However, you do have to apply it often, but for me this is okay because I would rather not have burnt lips. The ingredients

in the lip balm that I like are the cocoa butter, menthol and sunscreens. However, I am not fond of the parabens, mineral oil and petrolatum they place in the balm.

For the most part, I am very pleased with how well the lip balm works and how affordable it was. I only paid two dollars for it at the gas station. So far, I have to say a tube last a long time because I have had mine now for almost six months and I still have half more to use up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312051608890931/k2311a052/5.2.13