Annie’s Homegrown Shells and White Cheddar  » Food  »
  • I love the cheesy shell side dishes from Knorr, but lately, I have not been able to eat them because of all the preservatives and unnatural ingredients in them because of the allergic reactions I have been having after eating them

• by EM

I love the cheesy shell side dishes from Knorr, but lately, I have not been able to eat them because of all the preservatives and unnatural ingredients in them because of the allergic reactions I have been having after eating them. I was really bummed without this side dish, but I was in the grocery store the other day looking for a substitute side dish to go with my meals that was a lot healthier and similar and came across the Annie’s Homegrown Organic Shells

and White Cheddar. I immediately purchased a box even though it was dollar more than the Knorr shells that caused me a dollar and decided to try them. To my surprise, they were a lot better and more satisfying without any allergic reactions after eating them. I was happy and my tummy was happy.

The shells with white cheddar come in a box with six ounces of tiny pasta shells and a cheese packet that is filled with dried aged white cheddar cheese. Making the dish was simple because all I had to do was boil six ounces of water on the stove in a medium pan, pour the pasta into the boiling water, cook it for ten minutes on medium heat until they became tender and strain the water from them. After straining the water from the pasta, I tossed them back into the pan and added two tablespoons of organic butter, but you can use margarine or whatever butter you have on hand, and a splash of organic ...

• Annie's Homegrown Shells and White Cheddar
      whole goat’s milk. However, you can use cow’s milk. It is just easier for my tummy to digest goat’s milk. Next, I combined all the ingredients together until they melted in with the pasta creating a white cheesy sauce that coated all the little shells very well.

Next, I serve the shells up with my side of chicken and carrots and eat them down. The shells were cheesy with a mild cheddar flavor and a bit of saltiness, but not overly salty at all. The

shells were so gooey and flavorful with the shells being tender and filling to my tummy. I actually felt healthy eating these shells because they are actually made with organic ingredients that nourish the body such as vitamin B1, calcium, healthy protein, buttermilk, enzymes, wheat, vitamin A, iron, thiamin, and a healthy dose of carbohydrates, which everyone needs to stay energized. Even my boyfriend enjoys eating these tasty shells as a side dish. After trying the shells, they are now a healthy staple side dish in my household.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271051608720931/k2311a051/5.1.13