Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide  » Housewares  »
  • Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide is probably my new favorite cleaning product
  • I must admit, when I first got the product I accidentally picked up the Citrus scent
  • I was bummed because I love fresh smells, not citrus or lemon or orange smells
  • Now, the next time I went I did get the Oxygen Splash, and I will keep buying it from now on just because I prefer the fresh smell
  • All in all, it's a great, safe product to clean with and I'm extremely happy I found it

• by LaurenJ

I want my house to be clean and disinfected, but I do not want it to smell like bleach or to be too strong of a citrus smell. I want something that I can wipe without rinsing. Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide is probably my new favorite cleaning product. There are two scents Oxygen Splash and Citrus Sparkle Zest. I must admit, when I first got the product I accidentally picked up the Citrus scent; but I didn’t

realize this until I got home. I was bummed because I love fresh smells, not citrus or lemon or orange smells. But, I wasn’t going back to walmart and I really wanted to try out the product. Used it once, loved it! It isn’t strong at all. It has just a hint of citrus mixed with freshness I can’t explain. Now, the next time I went I did get the Oxygen Splash, and I will keep buying it from now on just because I prefer the fresh smell; however, if you want citrus but not too much - this is the product for you! Not to mention the price and availability - you can just it at walmart for about $2 a bottle! Not bad at all.

In case you didn’t know, hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner and disinfectant, which turned me on to the product instantly. The only other TRUE not manufactured disinfectant that I’m aware of is bleach. I don’t like ...

• Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide
      to clean with bleach. I don’t like the smell, the way is makes my skin feel, when it burns my eyes, or that it destroys my clothes. Anyways, the hydrogen peroxide is a fabulous cleaner and disinfectant and in this product is made to kill 99.9% of germs. Whoo! You can use it on just about anything and there are no harsh chemicals to worry about. It’s always great to just spray down the counter and wipe with a wet rag -
      then I’m done. There’s no rinsing, no scrubbing. I’m telling you this stuff is good!

The ONLY problem with this product is that it only comes in a 22 fl. oz. spray bottle. I use it on my floors and tub and all over. It would be nice to see it come out in a larger spray bottle and just in a bottle that you can pour!

All in all, it’s a great, safe product to clean with and I’m extremely happy I found it!

Dhruba Bhowmik says :

This is a GREAT cleaning product and the price is excellent. Will continue to use this product, for cleaning my counter tops, stove , kitchen table .. Love the SCENT You will not be disappointed.

LaurenJ replies :

I agree - great scent and really cleans well. I like it because I always want to use something I KNOW will kill germs and now I don’t have to use bleach

Darling Violetta says :

I’ve experienced that some oxy based products shrink or eat away at caulk. Did you experience caulk shrinkage with this product? Did it cause problems with the grout in tiled areas?

Chrystal says :

I’ve been using this for a few months now and I have not noticed any eating of the caulk. I live in an apartment and I don’t know what kind of caulk or sealant they use, so I don’t know if that has any thing to do with it. Because I never noticed it from Oxyclean it’s self either, though.

Bleach, on the other hand always seems to make the caulk around the top of the tub (where the tile wall meets the tub itself) curl and flake off.

I hope this helps.

LaurenJ replies :

I personally haven’t had problems with caulk. I use it all over everywhere. I don’t have tiled areas, so I actually haven’t tried that. All I know is test an inconspicuous area. However, again, I have used it everywhere and had no problems with caulking

Patricia Najhawan says :

re : Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide is probably my new favorite cleaning product
WHAT ARE all of the ingredients in LYSOL POWER FREE MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANER WITH HYDROGEN PEROXIDE I can’t find it anywhere.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Patricia, this is a great cleaner. I have included below a list of all the ingredients as well as the website where I was able to find the information. Hope this helps:

List of Ingredients:

Capryl Glucoside-Nonionic Surfactant

Hexyl Cinnamal-Fragrance Component

Alkyl glycoside C10-16-Nonionic Surfactant

Linalool-Fragrance Component

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326041608490630/k2311a0426/4.26.13