Super Mario Bros (Wii)
0.5
  • I think the only new thing they added that I noticed was an acorn power thingy
  • The inherent problem with it is that this game has no soul
  • Because you can now experience it in high-definition, that, in itself brings you joy
  • I mean, for instance, consider Super Mario Sunshine

• by Fuscero

This game is like..ugnehhh. I hate it and like it at the same time.

Let me level with you..Mario is a classic character; no one doubts that. We all know him from his 2d-platform titles. I get it…but this game is just a repeat of the older Mario games. I think the only new thing they added that I noticed was an acorn power thingy. And they didn’t just add it…they went out of their way to put it my face as if they’re saying “Look, it’s something new!” They showed it in the first

cutscene like it was that special.

I’m not exaggerating here. This is literally the same game as the one they released on the DS. The inherent problem with it is that this game has no soul. It’s just an empty game..it doesn’t feel like the developers were actually passionate about it. It’s more like they’re at a meeting and were like…”Oh..the old games had doors with prizes, so we gotta put those in.” etc.

I’m not saying that I completely hate this game or that I’ve lost my respect for Nintendo. In fact, this

game is actually fun. I think the reason I enjoyed this game but still hate is…is because I mean…it’s high-definition Mario. In the old days, there were limits to game cartridges and so the image quality wasn’t awesome but at least somewhat respectable. Nowadays, the graphics capabilities are practically unlimited. Just by the mere fact that I get to play using Mario in high-definition is pleasing to me. I think that’s the curse of a lot of these remade games…like Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, etc.. Because you can now experience it in ...

• Super Mario Bros (Wii)
      high-definition, that, in itself brings you joy. However, what I would prefer is that these companies would try new games titles with their characters.

I mean, for instance, consider Super Mario Sunshine. A lot of players didn’t like it because they were like “Nggh…it’s not Mario.” Well, no duh, they’re trying something new. And so the developers probably get mad when people don’t like their new games…and this game is probably the result of that. So they’re like “ You want Mario?!? Here you go!! 100% freaking Mario!!! You happy? That’s not enough?…FINE! We’ll

keep doing it! Copy and Paste it onto the DS! And then we’ll do it again on the 3DS!!…and then on the Wii U! Had enough?!?

The problem with trying new titles with classic character is the fanbase backlash. Some of the new titles are actually good. But some fans are blinded by nostalgia and don’t care for the new games. All they want is remakes. All they want to do is beat the Cloud of Darkness in fucking HD! save Princess Zelda in fucking HD! Defeat Bowser in fucking HD! *Sigh*

Noah Keith says :

re : I think the only new thing they added that I noticed was an acorn power thingy
I think that this is the best wii game out on the market. The propeller hats are the best upgrade. Whether it be for the very first level, or if you are trying to defeat the last Bowser’s castle. I think that people of all ages would enjoy the amazing graphics and game-play. I also would suggest that Nintendo would make a sequel to this game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826041608420630/k2311a0426/4.26.13