Wacom Graphire3 graphics tablet  » Hardware  »
  • Painter Classic is a great at program for someone who already has experience in digital painting
  • Wacom is the best, though in terms of quality, and you don't need batteries to power the mouse or stylus, like you do with many of the cheaper tablets

• by Stargazer
      The Graphire3 is a digital tablet designed by Wacom, the leader in this field. I am working with the 6×8 tablet workspace, which actually measures 10×11 total. The Graphire series is designed for editing digital photographs, but it works just as well for digital painting, which constitutes all of what I do.

The tablet is great, and I find this size is perfect — not too big, but not too small. It’s big enough to let me draw and paint in detail, but it is small enough to fit comfortably on the corner of

my desk or my lap.

Extras - The Graphire3 comes in a bundle of goodies, so if you buy it, be careful, you will pay for items that you may or may not need. You get a pen holder, a wireless mouse, an image editing program and Painter Classic.

I find that the pen holder is not useful to me, the tablet itself has a built-in holder. The wireless mouse can only be used on the surface of the tablet, and I find it redundant, as I already have a mouse.

The image editing ...

• software is good for a beginner. Painter Classic is a great at program for someone who already has experience in digital painting.

Still, I newcomer could easily hunt down an online tutorial. The transparent surface of the tablet detaches so you can trace any image on paper.

The Graphire3 has a very long cord with a USB connection. The USB connection means that you only have to install the tablet software and editing software, if you want, and the drivers are automatically installed.

My Graphire3 has not conflicted with any of my other installations.

/> Overall, I don’t mind too much that I had to buy the extras to get this tablet.

I find half of them useful. On the other hand, there are cheaper tablets that come with just the tablet and stylus.

Wacom is the best, though in terms of quality, and you don’t need batteries to power the mouse or stylus, like you do with many of the cheaper tablets. I’ve had my Grahire3 for over a year now, and with regular use, it’s holding up very well.

Tablets also cut down on joint stress, reducing repetitive stress injuries, and some forms of arthritis.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33161116081230/k2311a1116/11.16.05