All Hope Is Gone, 2009 Album by Slipknot
  • As far as Slipknot is concerned, I wasn't that very impressed by the album that was called Volume 3 The Subliminal Verses
  • I thought that that music was not very effective on that album
  • I personally get a kick out of this delivery and this feeling that I experience particularly applies to this song
  • This is something that I like because this makes the sound very unique you won't find this type of sound in any other metal band
  • I think that Slipknot hit the home run with it

• by mcguard85

I actually like this album a lot. As far as Slipknot is concerned, I wasn’t that very impressed by the album that was called Volume 3 The Subliminal Verses. I thought that that music was not very effective on that album. On All Hope Is Gone Slipknot are complete again, the heaviness that they had been known for combines very well with the melodic components.

The second song on the album (The Killing Name) is probably one of the heaviest songs on this album. The song number nine called This Cold Black is also very heavy, but the second song is probably a lot more intensive and it is a lot more difficult to get through due

to its rather protracted length of about six minutes. This song has a lot of power, the music is extremely heavy, it has a lot of blast, it has a lot of energy, it applies really a lot of pressure on the listener and somehow the sound texture that they create is pleasant and they are very masterful, and this is why you’ll like it when you are listening to this song.

You feel like you are continuously being disrespected and assaulted but you like it, you like the pure aggression that the guys are undertaking, expressing through music. I personally get a kick out of this delivery and this feeling that I experience particularly applies to

this song. The sound of the album is the same combination of nine instrumental lines.

And I am happy that there is a big emphasis on the percussions. Of course the drums are very powerful and have a lot of prominence. They occupy a rather large part of the whole sound texture.

This is good. This is something that I like because this makes the sound very unique you won’t find this type of sound in any other metal band. It might sound like a strange idea to put so much emphasis on the percussions, but in actual fact for metal music this makes really a lot of sense and it creates such a powerful rhythm section ...

• All Hope Is Gone, 2009 Album by Slipknot
      it is irresistible.

I think that this album is remarkable from the point of view of its style and the quality of the music itself even though on this album Slipknot retained the aggression that they used in the past, they still managed to add more complexities. Some of the sections are simpler whereas others are more complex. And I praise the guys for realizing which sections are going to work when they are more primitive and basic and which sections are going to work well only after they acquire considerable deliberation.

I think that they made all the right choices on this album. Of course I like almost all of the songs on this album. I

would probably say that the songs on this album show more variety than the songs on their debut album but probably they are more unified than the songs were on Volume 3 The Subliminal Verses.

So basically all the songs are equal in intensity and also equal in quality. I like the songs Sulfur, Psychosocial, Snuff, all hope is gone. Snuff is a very beautiful melodic song.

To be honest, before I heard this song I simply would never have believed that Slipknot, these thrash metal guys are able to come out with such impressive and interesting melodies but they were and I praise them for that. This is a very good album. I think that Slipknot hit the home run with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1417041607701030/k2311a0417/4.17.13