Google Nexus 7 Tablet
  • So for the price, I think it’s a great deal
  • Unfortunately, on the back, there’s no rear-facing camera
  • Taking pictures on tablets is kinda awkward in my opinion and, you know, it’s much easier just to grab your phone or your camera to take a picture
  • I use this feature all the time…it’s great and I like how it works

• by Fuscero

What’s good about this tablet is the price range. I got mine a while back for about $200. A lot of other tablets are in a much higher price range. So for the price, I think it’s a great deal.

This is a 7-inch tablet and it comes with a quad-core processor. It’s has a good graphics processor for gaming and things like that. The good thing is that the touch screen is small enough that it brings comfort when using it to play games. It’s not like the awkward screen holding of a really large tablet screen. I think this optimal screen size makes a really nice experience when playing games. So I think the seven inch form factor really plays a big role in the overall feel of this tablet.

It’s a 1280 by 800 resolution, which means

that you can watch high definition videos in a really good quality. The only thing is that this is a 16:10 aspect ratio. That means that you’ll see little black bars on the sides when watching a video. I mean the black bars on the edges aren’t very noticeable, but it’s kinda noteworthy, I guess.

This tablet feels very nice in the hands. I usually hold it with one hand and flick with the other hand. It’s a very portable device and is great for traveling. For those of you who think that this tablet is too close to the size of a smartphone, such as the HTC One S (which has a 4.3 inch screen), it really is significantly bigger. It’s really not too big so that it still gives you that portable feeling.

The back of the

tablet has a very nice feel to it, which makes gripping it really easy. You don’t have to worry much about scratching the back or anything like that with this material.

Unfortunately, on the back, there’s no rear-facing camera. I mean, I guess that’s okay. Taking pictures on tablets is kinda awkward in my opinion and, you know, it’s much easier just to grab your phone or your camera to take a picture. It does, however, included a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera. It’s good for using Google Talk to video chat or using Skype or anything like that. I’ve used it and have had no problems. I actually enjoy it. I do Hangouts on Google Plus and I’m happy with the quality I was getting.

One of the great features of the Nexus 7 is Google Now. It lets ...

• Google Nexus 7 Tablet
      you ask the tablet pretty much anything. It’s really quick and very accurate, unlike (cough cough)…nevermind. What’s great is that it gives you the answer as well as some Google search results, if you want more information. I thought that was really neat. You can also take advantage of the voice-recognition accuracy to type messages and emails, just by talking instead of typing. I use this feature all the time…it’s great and I like how it works.

I got the 8gb version because I access a lot of my stuff through Google’s Cloud. I access all my music from the Google Play app and everything else is pretty much online. I’ve really only used the space to installing applications, to be honest…and it works fine for me. If you’re someone who travels a lot, and you want to put

your music or videos on the device because you won’t have access to wifi, then maybe the 16 gb version might be the right choice. For me personally, I’m usually around Wifi so I got the smaller capacity version.

The battery is very good and last for a decent amount of time. I’ve been able to get a couple of days on this tablet without charge with light/moderate usage.

A fault I have with this device is not being able to rotate the home screen into landscape, but there are applications to remedy that. So there are options out there, if you’re worried about that.

It doesn’t have as good of technical specifications as some of the other tablets out there, but for the price, I think it’s a bargain. It does everything I need in a fairly quick and smooth manner.

Google Nexus 7 Tablet
Kipley says :

The Nexus 7 is a great, cheaper alternative to Apple’s tablets. A huge selling point for me was the large 4,325 mAh battery. I use mine for watching movies, and after 4 straight hours of movies, I still had 60% battery left.

augneel replies :

Yes, the battery is one of its strong points.

Zacaz says :

re : So for the price, I think it’s a great deal
Yeah, i think so. It looks fit with the specification.

Solomon says :

re : I use this feature all the time…it’s great and I like how it works
The Google Nexus 7 table is the best thing that has ever come my way I really enjoy using this device. Everything about it is just perfect from the network to the camera to the display just so wonderful thanks for the phone guys.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615041607490730/k2311a0415/4.15.13