Xtra Tropical passion liquid detergent
  • I began using this brand after the Family Dollar store outside of my house stopped selling my favorite brand of detegrant
  • I wasn’t too excited about not being able to buy my favorite brand Sun, but was grateful that I found a name brand soap that wasn’t too expensive, like many of the other brands
  • In my opinion detergents work way better when they are concentrated, it’s like pouring in a lot with having to literally doing it
  • I would recommend this to a person who doesn’t have a lot of soiled clothing to wash

• by nitakb

I began using this brand after the Family Dollar store outside of my house stopped selling my favorite brand of detegrant. Since I had only so much to spend on laundry supplies, I opted to buy a container of Xtra Tropical passion liquid detergent to wash my uniforms. I wasn’t too excited about not being able to buy my favorite brand Sun, but was grateful that I found a name brand soap that wasn’t too expensive, like many of the other brands. My main concerns when doing laundry,

is get my clothes clean, remove stains and have them smelling good.

The liquid detergent is definitely that. Normally, I’m used to detergents being more concentrated maybe I’m spoiled but I’m really not used to detergents not being concentrated. In my opinion detergents work way better when they are concentrated, it’s like pouring in a lot with having to literally doing it. With this detergent, I ended using more than I normally expect to on three medium loads. This was bad because I needed to make the detergent

to last the entire month.

Tropical passion wasn’t such a bad fragrance when initially sniffing it in the bottle, but when it was in the washing machine, the fragrance seemed to change. At least to me it did. The fragrance tropical passion is a blend of green kiwi, papaya, guava nectar. Petals of orchid, ylang ylang, sweet plumeria, warm essences of cashmere woods and patchouli blossoms. In my opinion this is a lot of different scents mixed together to make one fragrance.

My clothes smelled good, but ...

• Xtra Tropical passion liquid detergent
      they weren’t as clean as I would like. The thicker pieces seemed to still faintly smell like the gross smells from job and my gym suits still smelled like sweat. I ended up soaking them for fifteen minutes and then washing them for a second cycle with more detergent, about three capfuls this time. After two washes, and a spin in the drier, my clothes finally were clean.

My only real complaint is the weakness of the formula. I feel that if the formula was made

to be more concentrated it would have been more effective in cleaning thicker pieces of clothing. I also feel that they should take it down a notch in the fragrance department too.

I would recommend this to a person who doesn’t have a lot of soiled clothing to wash. But to a person who has a lot to accomplish in the laundry department, I would tell them not to waste their time and money on this detergent, and to just dish out the extra cash and buy what you know works.

Kavindran says :

re : In my opinion detergents work way better when they are concentrated, it’s like pouring in a lot with having to literally doing it
Yes. 100% agreed. It also smells fresher.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315041607330730/k2311a0415/4.15.13