Huawei U8150 Ideos phone  » Phones  »
  • The best feature about this phone is the Wifi Hot-Spot, which turns your phone into a wifi hot-spot – so you can connect your computer to the internet through your Ideos and surf away on the big screen using your phone's data plan
  • However, it only has 256MB RAM and 512MB ROM which proved to be a problem for me
  • So, I found out that I could only push one app at a time or I would make it a wifi hot-spot and do all my social networking missions using my laptop
  • Only when you push it too far will you start to see problems, but I would recommend this little fella to anyone buying a phone

• by Yesaya Jnr Nkhwazi

I was given this phone as a birthday present from a close friend of mine, so I sold my previous phone which was a Blackberry Curve 8520 and looked forward to a long (or short) lasting relationship with the Huawei U8150 Ideos.

This phone is very small, and very light; so that works well because you don’t feel like you are carrying a brick. It’s also very light in your pocket,

which is a good and a bad thing – because you wouldn’t feel the difference if you lost your phone.

The Android interface is very user-friendly, this was my first Android phone and I understood how to use it in about 15 minutes flat. The best feature about this phone is the Wifi Hot-Spot, which turns your phone into a wifi hot-spot – so you can connect your computer to the internet through your Ideos and surf away on the big screen using your phone’s data plan.

The phone contacts feature is also awesome, any contact you save is automatically backed up into your gmail account, so you never have to worry about losing your SIM card. The Google Play Store is also very friendly and it’s very easy to get apps installed on your phone.

However, it only has 256MB RAM and ...

• Huawei U8150 Ideos phone
      512MB ROM which proved to be a problem for me. Because I can be a social buzz at times, tweeting one minute, facebooking someone the other minute while I’m emailing some documents to a client. So, for people like me that like to push our phones to the limit, that’s where the Ideos fell short because it would crash at times.

So, I found out that I could only push one

app at a time or I would make it a wifi hot-spot and do all my social networking missions using my laptop. But all in all, it’s a good phone – it does the job of calling, skyping, facebooking, twittering and all other basic needs. Only when you push it too far will you start to see problems, but I would recommend this little fella to anyone buying a phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3715041607220730/k2311a0415/4.15.13