Pantene Relaxed & Naturals: Daily Oil Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • The first thing I noticed is that my usually fluffy hair was a bit weighed down and extra shiny, almost greasy
  • I found that when I rubbed my fingers over my ponytail, they were greasy
  • Only after two uses I am disappointed with this daily oil moisturizer
  • In my opinion Pantene should take this product from the shelves and improve the formula
  • I would not recommend this particular product to a friend

• by nitakb

I was inspired to try Pantene’s relaxed and naturals daily oil moisturizer, after reading about it one of the fall issues of Ebony magazine. I couldn’t help but notice the chick in the advertisement had shiny lustrous hair. I felt a little uncertain about buying the product since I had never really used Pantene products before but figured it couldn’t really hurt to try it. Especially since it was only four dollars.

Just to give a little background on this product, there’s mineral oil and petroleum in it- which isn’t really good for hair. It doesn’t penetrate, or moisture the hair shaft. It just sits on top of the hair, weighing it down and making it extra

oily. I don’t understand why Pantene would use this as an ingredient, since it’s a more of a filler. I suppose they were using it as a sealer to seal in the moisture or for shine.

The label says there are essential oils and moisturizing conditioners. This moisturizer is to prevent dryness and breakage, which is odd because mineral oil and petroleum can cause hair breakage. I tend to stay away from styling products that claim to moisturize and contains mineral oil product and any similar product.

Despite the fact of knowing this, I rubbed a quarter amount through my palms, smoothed it to my slightly dampened hair starting from just below my roots to the ends. The first thing I noticed is that my usually fluffy hair was a bit weighed down and extra shiny, almost greasy. I pulled my hair into a lose bun, before heading out the door into the cool morning air. On my walk to the bus stop I noticed that my hair was no longer damp but now baby soft. I was pretty surprised by this development, but still decided to wait a few hours before totally judging its performance.

By the time I got home, my hair was still soft but not like earlier that morning. I found that when I rubbed my fingers over my ponytail, they were greasy. They weren’t kidding about the ...

• Pantene Relaxed & Naturals: Daily Oil Moisturizer
      formula being enriched. I couldn’t quite figure out where the moisturizing part came in since my hair felt mostly oily. The next day I sprayed on a little leave in conditioner and applied on a smaller amount than before, thinking that if I mix it with something it else it would work better. I was wrong, because my hair was even oilier and stiff. Grossly stiff. Not only was my hair stiff but it was now more weighed down. I quickly washed out the daily oil moisturizer with clarifying shampoo. I ended up using the daily oil moisturizer on my body like lotion since it was so oily.

Only after two uses I am disappointed with

this daily oil moisturizer. Seriously disappointed and upset that I won’t be getting my four dollars back for this bottle of grease. Sure my hair was soft but that was pretty much it. I honestly feel that since this product has mineral oil and petroleum, it messed up any real benefit this product would have given. In my opinion Pantene should take this product from the shelves and improve the formula. Try adding more natural ingredients, remove the fillers and go easy on the oil. I know that Pantene is a good brand that makes good products but I personally think they should rethink their ideas on natural hair care.

I would not recommend this particular product to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112041607090930/k2311a0412/4.12.13