AT and T EL52251 2 Handset Answering System  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • When we got those from the relative I was grateful for them, and I thought that things would be a little easier since we were having problems with the phones that had cords
  • The pair also comes with chargers for each handset, which we have placed in different rooms that are not too far from each other so we won’t have too much of a problem picking up a signal
  • In my opinion, that in itself is a major advantage
  • Nevertheless, there are also reasons why I am disappointed in the AT and T 2 Handset Answering System
  • Nevertheless, I would still not recommend the AT and T 2 Handset Answering System because of the crackling that I hear on the line whenever I’m on a call

• by Redtape

After years of using phones with cords, my family and I had decided to get a cordless phone. However, another relative had already bought an AT and T 2 Handset Answering System which they had never used. When we got those from the relative I was grateful for them, and I thought that things would be a little easier since we were having problems with the phones that had cords. Nevertheless, after we started using them and even right now I’ve been having a few problems with it.

The AT and T 2 Handset Answering System is a pair of cordless phone devices which come with features such as caller ID, directory, speaker phone and even a pager to help locate each handset when they get lost. The pair also comes with chargers for each handset, which we have placed in

different rooms that are not too far from each other so we won’t have too much of a problem picking up a signal.

The first thing that I liked about the AT and T 2 Handset Answering System was the convenience. As I’ve mentioned we’ve always had phones with cords, which proved to be a hassle many times. The cords would twist and I would spend forever trying to untwist them only to have them take the twisted shape permanently. The same cords would get entangled with various objects or with the cords of other objects. Also, the cords sometimes would appear a bit unsightly. However, with these cordless phone handsets I can walk and talk freely without worrying about twisted and tangled cords. In my opinion, that in itself is a major advantage.

Nevertheless, there are also reasons why I am disappointed in the AT and T 2 Handset Answering System. One of these is the crackling on the line that I hear whenever I’m on a call. I can remember that at times I might hear a slight crackling on the line whenever I would use the other phones, but it was nowhere near as pronounced as when I use the handsets. The crackling is so loud that there are many times that I can barely hear the person on the other end of the line over it.

I also wish to mention a disadvantage that not only affects users of the handsets, but a lot of cordless phone users on a whole. This disadvantage is that the handsets stop working when light goes since they are electric. I’ve realized that this can pose a serious problem to my family especially during a ...

• AT and T EL52251 2 Handset Answering System
      hurricane since light is usually gone at some point during the hurricane. While we also have our mobile phones, the landline would be what we would depend on to call for help if and when the networks go down.

Another advantage about using this product is the call waiting feature. Sometimes when I use the landline, I might spend a very long time on a call, either because it’s business, I’ve been put on hold by an institution or I just forget that I’ve been on the phone for so long. That is where the call waiting feature comes in so that I don’t miss any other calls especially important ones that might be on the line.

A part from the call waiting feature there is also the answering system that comes with it. I’m almost never at home because I have a

very demanding job and I go to school most days of the week. As a result, I may end up missing a couple important calls. This is how the answering system comes in handy so people can leave messages. The great thing about it too, is that the messages can last for up to fourteen minutes.

I’m unable to give a review on the cost of this product, since as I mentioned it was a gift from someone and I did not buy it myself. Nevertheless, I would still not recommend the AT and T 2 Handset Answering System because of the crackling that I hear on the line whenever I’m on a call. In my opinion, it defeats the purpose of having all those features if I can’t hear the person on the other end of the line in the first place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611041606970830/k2311a0411/4.11.13