Alberto VO5: Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I’ve personally never used bleach on my hair but I know the true toll it can take on your hair
  • It also smelled amazing like a fruity summer time drink
  • I’m saddened that I have to avoid using this product but for the sake of safety I’m going to have to
  • Since I got good results on my hair despite my reaction, I would recommend this to a friend who is looking for some TLC for color treated hair that needs some moisture and strength

• by nitakb

I was recommended to this conditioner by one of my good friends who dyed her hair cherry red. I was curious about what kind of conditioner she was using since her hair was barely fading and appeared to be in good condition. She had to bleach her hair before dying it cherry red. I’ve personally never used bleach on my hair but I know the true toll it can take on your hair. Especially when using a home bleaching kit. Considering

that I’ve dyed my own dark hair with a light color like auburn, I was interested in bringing my hair back to life and putting back some of the depleted nutrients. The label says is contains soy proteins to rebuild and strengthen your hair and of course it’s usual five vitamin ingredients. Hence it’s name of VO5.

My first encounter with this conditioner was a slightly unpleasant one. The little patch of skin between my eye brows and the skin on my neck above my chest broke out after using it this conditioner. It was red, raw and painful to the touch. It felt as if someone had rubbed the top layer of my skin off or say carpet burn. Clearly the deep extent of moisture in the formula irritated and clashed with my already oily skin. Later on after bathing and drying off my skin began to flake nastily. This is really disappointing because the conditioner really worked wonders on ...

• Alberto VO5: Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
      my hair. My ends didn’t feel crunchy and my hair was actually soft and moisturized. It also smelled amazing like a fruity summer time drink. Sadly I ended up giving the almost full bottle to my friend since it didn’t cause her any problems.

I don’t know exactly why my skin broke out so badly but I do know that I won’t be using this particular conditioner any time soon. I can’t say that I’m allergic to passion fruit since I eat

it all the time which makes my reaction to this conditioner a little odd. I’m saddened that I have to avoid using this product but for the sake of safety I’m going to have to.

Since I got good results on my hair despite my reaction, I would recommend this to a friend who is looking for some TLC for color treated hair that needs some moisture and strength. I can’t say this a bad product but it certainly isn’t for everyone.

Theresa Creech says :

re : It also smelled amazing like a fruity summer time drink
I love vo5 its very inexpensive and it cleans my hair very well leaving it smelling like an I cold smoothie on a summer day.

Kay says :

re : Since I got good results on my hair despite my reaction, I would recommend this to a friend who is looking for some TLC for color treated hair that needs some moisture and strength
It smelled so good and made my hair smell so good I always use it because of the scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110041606930730/k2311a0410/4.10.13