Vaseline: Petroleum Jelly Product  » Health  »
4.7
  • I like to be outdoors a lot, and especially in the wind, I end up getting chapped
  • Only two downfalls come to mind when I think about this product

• by Mumen

I like to be outdoors a lot, and especially in the wind, I end up getting chapped. This product is actually great at what it does. Unlike like many products on the market, this product stays true to its label. I use this product on my lips, because they end up chapping a lot, and it works well. Only two downfalls come

to mind when I think about this product. It can be tricky to remove if necessary, (don’t use water EVER) and, you must keep it for a longer duration to get the full effect of the petroleum jelly.

The Vaseline has multiple uses, not just to protect against chapping, this includes healing dry skin and protecting the skin from cuts, scrapes, and burns. To me, this product is one of those all-in-one kinds of products. This is an excellent product if you want to get more bang for your buck. Especially in this economy, the market needs more products like this. The price varies by size of the container, it can range anywhere from $2-$100.

Back to performance review, this product is right on par with ...

• Vaseline: Petroleum Jelly Product
      expected results. Aside from trying to remove the Vaseline if necessary, I was really pleased with the outcome of how my lips would heal. Although you have to keep the Vaseline on for a longer duration, the whole process from start to finish won’t take that long. Especially if you have the Vaseline in an ideal location, you almost won’t even know
      that it is on you.

I really like the package of this product as well. Especially if you have the smaller “economy” size, then it can be better, just my personal opinion. I like the smaller size because it is much more convenient, is filled to the brink with petroleum jelly, and not too large for the office or desk. This really makes the process more desirable.

Peter says :

I love this product. I get it cheap at walmart.com

Joanna says :

Hi Peter,

I like this product a lot too. Just wanted you to know that it can be found at the Dollar Tree for a buck. That is where I get mine. They also have a generic version that is usually less than a dollar. However, I have never tried it, I am very much a Vaseline fan, and I can’t image using another product.

Joanna

Mellissa says :

re : I like to be outdoors a lot, and especially in the wind, I end up getting chapped

Whenever my lips are chapped up,I used vaseline. From since I was a child, I’ve used vaseline for minor scrapes, minor burns, sunburns, dark spots and chafing and I’ve always been amazed of how fast it heals up my skin. Now,I put vaseline on my 4 yr old child’s little scrapes. It’s very good for children too because it doens’t burn like other application for minor scrapes. Vaseline Petroleum jelly is a very good medication for these small problems.

Aimee says :

I agree Vaseline is a great product and very kid safe

Joanna says :

When it comes to reliable products, Vaseline ranks right up there with Nyquil. I remember my grandmother using this product, and there were many times that I was over her house that she would spread a little over cuts and scrapes. She also used it heavily for dry skin. She also got in the habit of using it for mouth and gum sores caused by her dentures.

I never could use it orally, but I still use it today for scrapes and cuts. It really does a good job with sealing the cuts and scrapes to keep dirt and bacteria from getting into them.

Renny Lance says :

I would like to ask where can i buy this product in the philippines and how much it cost ?

Japheth says :

Hi Renny,

Vaseline petroleum jelly is widely available in pharmacies, department store or personal store in the Philippines. You can find it in Mercury Drugstore, Watsons and Savemore supermarket. But, the prices varies in different store like i bought mine in Watsons that cost Php 124.00

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410041606900730/k2311a0410/4.10.13